• users, groups and permissionsof

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #755  by mikegilligan

Hi

I\'d like to set up OpenKM so that two different groups of people have access only to their folders and subfolders. Call them group A and group B. Group A should not have access to group B\'s documentation and vice versa. However both Groups have full RW access to their own folders. I\'ve not been able to find any resources that describe how to do this. Can someone help?

Thanks.

M.
 #757  by tidus2728

Hi,

What you need to do is open the file openkm-roles.properties and add group roles per user. Example:

user1=UserRol,GroupA
user2=UserRol,GroupB
user3=UserRol,GroupA
user4=UserRol,GroupB

Then login to OpenKM as \"system\" and create two folders, one for Group A and one for Group B. Then select Group A folder. Go to the security pane and update the security settings for that folder. Go to the Groups tab and remove UserRol and add GroupA with read-write capabilities. Then do the same process for Group B but the group security should be set to GroupB.

Then login as one of the users in a group and check if the security restrictions apply.
 #928  by bytesemantics

Completely new to this product - and first post - so be gentle. ;-)

From a quick scan of the forum - I get that there are multiple integration possibilities for user config.

Is there any way of programmatically adding new users, new roles and user role memberships ?

i.e. if I have a web front end with some kind of user registration/subscription capability - how can I configure this new user into the system with some required roles ?

I\'ve scanned the WebServices documentation and see no APIs available for this ?

Can anyone give me some pointers ?

Thanks in advance
Paul
 #936  by pavila

You can configure database authentification in JBoss using JAAS and directly modify the table registers.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.