• New User needs some help

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2260  by besteikaiwa

Hi all,

I\'ve been searching and going through posts, but having trouble finding a place to get started...

I hope someone can answer a few questions for me...

Question #1 - I want to set up a directory of folders, but OpenKM only seems to create new folders as the child of the folder above (see the image attached)

I also can\'t do anything with the folders (except change the names) I can\'t collapse the directories by clicking the minus buttons...

This is really frustrating (I\'m not a computer expert, but I can figure out new software pretty easily and have no troubles with everything from ftp to Photoshop, but I just can\'t understand what\'s happening here :S)

Could someone please tell me how to set up a directory of folders and import files to them?

#2262  by besteikaiwa

Now, I log out and log in again and the folders I created are gone... Image
 #2263  by besteikaiwa

aaaargghh!

I uploaded a couple of files and moved one of them to \'my documents\' (the folders I \'created\' didn\'t exist in the dialogue box)

Now that the file has been moved, \'My Documents\' will no longer open from the left hand side tab (trash, templates and taxonomy open, but nothing happens when I click \'My Documents\' now)

Also, the add documents button works until I add a folder and then stops working (and can\'t be used again with that tab until I log out and all the folders I \'created\' disappear again)

Is there an error in my installation perhaps? (this is so far the most confusing and non-instinctual application I\'ve ever tried to use...)
 #2264  by besteikaiwa

I\'ve got one answer... (you have to press \'enter\' to finalize the creation of a folder)

Actually pretty much OK for now (found Check Out and Check In)

Will pop in and scream about stuff from time to time (until then, check out what I\'ve learned so far in my forum http://www.besteikaiwa.com/forum/ in the http://www.besteikaiwa.com/forum/index.php?topic=230.0 thread)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.