• Issue Uploading Outlook .msg Files

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30531  by gerkhar2

Hello,

I am getting an error uploading Outlook Files (.msg files). When I upload a .msg file it is not parsing and not displaying until I refresh and it does not contain any metadata. Below is the following error:
Code: Select all
OKM-002015(getDocument): Document path not found

cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Also, I am unable to export the files, history, metadata, and directory structure using the export tool. I get an address error with directories containing Outlook .msg files.

My Environment:
OpenKM Version 6.2.5 (build: 8109)
With Community Externsion
Oracle Enterprise Linux
Linux version 2.6.39-400.211.1.el6uek.x86_64
MySQL: 5.1.73
Using LDAP to integrate with AD

I tried to attach the catalina.log file, but I get an error it is not allowed. I will paste it at the bottom of this post.

I have 2 other instances I am running for testing and I am able to upload the same email and it parses, and extracts the attachments with no errors.
1. Instance One: Same as production except OS is CentOS 6.5, No LDAP integration
2. OpenKM Version 6.3.0 (build: 19918)
With Community Externsion
Oracle Enterprise Linux
Linux version 2.6.39-400.211.1.el6uek.x86_64
Using the HSQL DB

Any help is much appreciated. Please let me know if there is further data needed to investigate.

Thank you
Matt
2014-11-14 10:50:00,034 [Thread-372] INFO  com.openkm.extractor.TextExtractorWorker - processSerial.Working on {docUuid=33a90738-91c7-47b6-9992-883e1079bbca, docPath=/okm:root/IT/Test Folder/Functional/4e253f28-0134-4eb7-8a1a-798d81e727e7-Company Fair/image003.jpg..jpg, docVerUuid=9fa76bb2-ffe8-4ce7-bb7e-09e81c8a5706, date=Fri Nov 14 10:49:45 CST 2014}
2014-11-14 10:50:00,036 [Thread-372] WARN  com.openkm.extractor.CuneiformTextExtractor - Undefined OCR application
2014-11-14 10:50:00,038 [Thread-372] WARN  com.openkm.dao.NodeDocumentDAO - There was a problem extracting text from '/okm:root/IT/Test Folder/Functional/4e253f28-0134-4eb7-8a1a-798d81e727e7-Company Fair/image003.jpg..jpg': Too few text extracted
2014-11-14 10:50:00,077 [Thread-372] INFO  com.openkm.extractor.TextExtractorWorker - processSerial.Working on {docUuid=4f87c3c6-cb32-4f14-b439-acd757f3959d, docPath=/okm:root/IT/Test Folder/Functional/4e253f28-0134-4eb7-8a1a-798d81e727e7-Company Fair/Cometo~1.ppt..ppt, docVerUuid=398497e5-4740-4263-9661-59848b7f1aa1, date=Fri Nov 14 10:49:45 CST 2014}
2014-11-14 10:52:12,425 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-5] ERROR com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter - NamingException: Unbalanced parenthesis (Base: [OU=Groups,DC=cm,DC=company,DC=com] - Filter: (&(objectclass=group)(|(memberOf=CN=ROLE_USER)(memberOf=CN=ROLE_ADMIN) - Attribute: cn)
2014-11-14 10:54:35,370 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-3] ERROR com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter - NamingException: Unbalanced parenthesis (Base: [OU=Groups,DC=cm,DC=company,DC=com] - Filter: (&(objectclass=group)(|(memberOf=CN=ROLE_USER)(memberOf=CN=ROLE_ADMIN) - Attribute: cn)
2014-11-14 10:54:50,641 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-3] INFO  com.openkm.dao.NodeBaseDAO - addPropertyGroup(88d93643-6cf7-4dc8-9f94-43f865fd4abf, okg:linkedversions)
2014-11-14 10:54:50,853 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-3] INFO  com.openkm.dao.NodeBaseDAO - addPropertyGroup(c1fae042-0583-4b83-8d5b-9d0451906615, okg:linkedversions)
2014-11-14 10:54:51,757 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-9] WARN  com.openkm.servlet.frontend.DocumentServlet - cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
com.openkm.core.PathNotFoundException: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
	at com.openkm.dao.NodeDocumentDAO.findByPk(NodeDocumentDAO.java:244)
	at com.openkm.dao.NodeDocumentDAO.findByPk(NodeDocumentDAO.java:225)
	at com.openkm.module.db.DbDocumentModule.getProperties(DbDocumentModule.java:391)
	at com.openkm.api.OKMDocument.getProperties(OKMDocument.java:104)
	at com.openkm.servlet.frontend.DocumentServlet.get(DocumentServlet.java:455)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:569)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
	at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
	at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
	at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
	at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:927)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:999)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
 #30543  by jllort

It's an ugly error, could you upgrade to 6.3.X and then try it again, because the 6.3 version give you better support on mail objects ( a lot of improvements and bugs are solved in this version related with mails )
 #30544  by gerkhar2

Would I need to upgrade from 6.2.5 to 6.2.6, then to 6.3?

Just glancing at the upgrade documentation I don't have to execute an export to a new instance just update the MySQL tables and the war file. I have the test instance so I can try it out there and see if it resolves my issue.

I will look more into org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsOutlookTextExtractor class. Can you link me to the source code online? I know its all posted and I just wanted to see if it's connected to LDAP in any way or if you know if it is connected to LDAP. Looking at other errors in the catalina logs I see that error in other lines.

Thank you for your help.

Matt
 #30558  by gerkhar2

I fixed the LDAP error I was getting, but that does not fix my issue with Outlook files. Below is the export from the catalina log after an upload and failure.

*****************catalina.log*************************************
2014-11-19 15:10:28,211 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-8] WARN  com.openkm.servlet.frontend.DocumentServlet - cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
	at com.openkm.module.db.DbDocumentModule.getProperties(DbDocumentModule.java:391)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
	at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
	at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
	at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
	at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:999)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

***********catalina.out****************************************************************************************************
2014-11-19 15:10:28,211 [http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-8] WARN  com.openkm.servlet.frontend.DocumentServlet - cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

Thank you

Matt
 #30565  by jllort

Here you got the source code https://sourceforge.net/p/openkm/code/H ... .3/openkm/ in this version we've still not migrated the class org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsOutlookTextExtractor to com.openkm.extractor.MsOutlookTextExtractor anyway I think has no relation with your problem.

If quite strange because node "cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe" is the parent of all the parents, and I do not undertand why this call com.openkm.dao.NodeDocumentDAO.findByPk(NodeDocumentDAO.java:244) could generate this strange error. Will be better upgrade to 6.3 with 6.2.5 version going right, but I suspect without taking a look at database and what is happening will not be possible solve this problem posting in this forum. My suggestion for you is try to upgrade to 6.3 ( do before a backup and upgrade ) if there's some hidden bug in 6.5 that should solve it, otherwise you got something strange and specific in your installation what I'm not able to image.
 #30835  by gerkhar2

I think it has something to do with LDAP. At first it would crash because I had a typo in the search string for LDAP. Once that was fixed it still seems to get hung up on that. Is there something in the Out Look Message Extraction that utilizes LDAP? I made a clone of my current installation and removed the LDAP integration and the Outlook file extraction works and I no longer receive the error. Any thoughts? I am going to talk to our network admins and see if I can send you our LDAP configuration without causing security issues. Would you be willing to review our LDAP configuration?

Thank you
 #30845  by jllort

The only thing I can imagine is based on mail address get user ( in ldap ) or similar problem ( something based on user, getting user by mail or mail by user ... I do not know ). Can you put here the stack trace error ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.