• Starting File uploader causes browser to crash

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #12139  by stevert

Using OpenKM 5.1.7 and first time install. Browser is Firefox 6.0. and running on XP SP3.

Logged on as OKM user, click File - File uploader and browser immediately crashes. Restart browser but no crash report.

Tried the same action on Opera and got the same result.

However, running Firefox on Ubuntu 11.04 and File uploader applet starts.

Any ideas?

Regards

Steve.
 #12166  by jllort

Sincerally I've not tested with this so newer firefox version, I've got firefox 3.x and firefox 4.x in my ubuntu desktops. I suggest you install older firefox version if you can. The problem on XP could be java support for firefox ( might be java version 1.6 ) if you're using uploader applet. I suggest you open java console to see if there's some error there.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.