• OpemKM 5.0.4 conf file

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #12024  by ancoraopenkm

Hi Forum,

I have been using OpenKM for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday I got the following error OKM-012015(GetRootFolder):path not found and since then I am not able to get any of my data in OpenKM. Checked openkm.cfg file and it is empty. Could this have been caused due to this error and what was the cause ? How do I recover my previous configuration ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Amil
 #12035  by pavila

If OpenKM.cfg file is empty, someone has delete its contents (your server has been hacked) or you have a hardware problem. When I say hardware problem, I mean a disk failure. In this case, restore a backup in a new computer.
 #12036  by jllort

Which OS do you have ? do you have application shared to internet by port 8080 ? that could be other cause.
 #12059  by ancoraopenkm

Thanks for the reply.

I have noticed that OpenKM has updated itself automatically from version 5.0.4 to 5.1.5 without any user interaction.

Open KM has been installed on Cent Os 5.6 64 bit/MySQL as local DB and was configured to keep data on network disk. Yes, JBoss is on port 8080. Due to this auto update it has lost all of its local repository and configuration. Is there a way to recover the missing data?

How do configure the app so that it does not use port 8080 ?

TIA
 #12072  by jllort

Sorry ancoraopenkm but OpenKM not updates automatically without any human interaction basically becase there's no automatic OpenKM process for doing it, we would like to say we've got this kind of magic but we have not it.

Is for some reason you've lost repository then must use the backup to restore it ( lose repository means lose binary information ) binary information only can be restored from backup. I don't know what happened on your system, but it's not normal.

Hope you have not jboss 8080 port exposed to internet that has some security problems, we've got a page talking about how making jboss more secure http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Securing_JBoss but I suggest if it's your case you configure jboss behind apache proxy.

Changing server.xml into server/default/deploy/jboss-web.deployer folder you can change port 8080 to 80

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.