• Error when keeping Open KM Idle

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #12621  by raths

Hello all

I'm getting the below mentioned error when i use the open KM after a long time leaving the server idle .

Server error log :
Code: Select all
14:17:31,622 WARN  [SessionImpl] Unclosed session detected. The session was opened here:
14:17:37,903 ERROR [[FolderServlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet FolderServlet threw exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
14:17:39,246 ERROR [[FileUploadServlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet FileUploadServlet threw exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
My run.bat file is
Code: Select all
rem JVM memory allocation pool parameters. Modify as appropriate.
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

rem With Sun JVMs reduce the RMI GCs to once per hour
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000
How to solve this problem? Usually when i get this error i force close the Jboss. And again clik on the run.bat file and start working . Could any help on this ?

Thanks
Rathnavel
 #12651  by jllort

That's a memory problem on the server change with it:
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.awt.headless=true"

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.