• From HSQLDB to MySQL

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1669  by oconesa

Is it possible to change from Hsqldb to mysql in OpenKM 3.0? What I need to do?
 #1673  by pavila

You need to configure it in repository.xml file. You will create a new repository, so you need to export document in your actual repository and import them in the new one.
 #1674  by oconesa

Well, I really want to change the Hypersonic Database from openkm-ds.xml and change it to MySQL in order to manage the access control directly from the database.

I am not interested on the performance (by the moment)
 #1683  by pavila

There are several databases in OpenKM.

* OKMActivity -> Log user activity
* OKMAuth -> User authentication
* OKMDashboardStats -> Store dashboard info
* OKMWorkflow -> Store workflow process and instances (Only in Enterprise Edition)

What database do you want to change?
 #1687  by oconesa

OKMAuth, I suppose.

I want to access to the database with a GUI client and change users and password directly, alternatively to the web admin interface.
 #1703  by pavila

This is the DDL for Auth database:
Code: Select all
#
# Generic auth database definition
#
CREATE TABLE users(usr_id VARCHAR(32), usr_pass VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, usr_email VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, usr_active BOOLEAN, PRIMARY KEY(usr_id));
CREATE TABLE roles(rol_id VARCHAR(32), PRIMARY KEY(rol_id));
CREATE TABLE user_role(ur_user VARCHAR(32), ur_role VARCHAR(32), PRIMARY KEY(ur_user, ur_role));
It can run in MySQL to create the tables. Then you have to modify the AuthDS datasource to match you MySQL configuration.
 #1721  by oconesa

I have created the database \"jboss\" with the 3 tables and I have changed the openkm-ds.xml file:

This part was changed:

<!-- OpenKM User Auth -->
<local-tx-datasource>
<jndi-name>OKMAuthDS</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:hsqldb:${jboss.server.data.dir}${/}hypersonic${/}OKMAuth</connection-url>
<driver-class>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</driver-class>
<user-name>sa</user-name>
<password></password>
<min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
<max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
<track-statements/>
<!--<security-domain>HsqlDbRealm</security-domain>-->
<prepared-statement-cache-size>32</prepared-statement-cache-size>
<metadata>
<type-mapping>Hypersonic SQL</type-mapping>
</metadata>
<depends>jboss:service=Hypersonic,database=OKMAuth</depends>
</local-tx-datasource>

<!-- For hsqldb accessed from jboss only, in-process (standalone) mode -->
<mbean code=\"org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase\"
name=\"jboss:service=Hypersonic,database=OKMAuth\">
<attribute name=\"Database\">OKMAuth</attribute>
<attribute name=\"InProcessMode\">true</attribute>
</mbean>

by:

<!-- OpenKM User Auth -->
<local-tx-datasource>
<jndi-name>OKMAuthDS</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jboss</connection-url>
<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<user-name>jboss</user-name>
<password>password</password>
<min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
<max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
</local-tx-datasource>

I do not have any ERROR on logs but I can not access with \"admin\" user.
I think that the empty tables are the problem. What values I have to write on the tables to initialize them?

These initial values do not work:

users:
usr_id (admin), usr_pass(admin), usr_email(admin@admin.com), usr_active(1)
roles:
rol_id (AdminRol)
user_role:
ur_user(admin), ur_role(AdminRol)
 #1723  by pavila

Sorry, I forgot to post this:
Code: Select all
# INSERT DEFAULT USER / ROLES
INSERT INTO users (usr_id, usr_pass, usr_email, usr_active) VALUES (\'admin\', \'admin\', \'\', true);
INSERT INTO roles (rol_id) VALUES (\'AdminRol\');
INSERT INTO roles (rol_id) VALUES (\'UserRol\');
INSERT INTO user_role (ur_user, ur_role) VALUES (\'admin\', \'AdminRol\');
 #1785  by wape

I also want to change to MySQL. So I followed all the instructions. How did you solve the following problem:

Within the database MySQL 5.0.51a on debian the value of the column usr_active is represented as \'1\' for the value true.

If I add an user within the user administration, a \'1\' is written into the column usr_active. But when I want to login from the starting page, the following sql statement will be sent to the database which gives no result:

select usr_pass as PASSWD from users where usr_id=\'admin\' and usr_active=\'true\'

...instead of usr_active=true

Did I make any mistake?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank\'s very much in advance!

Peter
 #1807  by pavila

Try to change usr_active=true to usr_active=1
 #1996  by wape

I found the solution where I have to modify the configuration file.

When I use MYSQL, I have to modify the server/default/conf/login-config.xml. There I modified the SELECT statement from ... and usr_active=\'true\' to ... and usr_active=true.

Now all works.

Best regards,
Peter

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.