• Cron Job

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #9362  by marctew

Hi everyone, I am looking to write a Cron Job which will automatically download a file from a set URL on a weekly basis and overwrite the existing file in OpenKM.
I run IT for an automotive dealership and the manufacturers change their brochures all the time without telling us. We keep a digital copy on our OpenKM repo for reference, but I need this to essentially update itself each week in order to stay current.

Please someone help! I've never really used cron jobs. I presume I would begin by calling wget, but I don't know how I would make OpenKM import the new file.

All help will be VERY much appreciated. I am running 5.0.1 by the way.

Cheers

Marc Tew
Hawkins Motors Blackwater
m.tew@hawkinsblackwater.co.uk
 #9375  by pavila

Do you mean the crontab implemente in OpenKM and managed from Administration? You can implement a job with a BeanShell script or with a JAR (in this case you have to define a MainClass in the MANIFEST.MF).
 #9387  by marctew

Sorry yeh, im hoping to use the cron system built into open km

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.