• Installing OpenKM in Tomcat and/or with a different DB

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #9063  by bluish

Hi, I like a lot your OpenKM. I would like to use it in my system, but there are some obstacles.
I can't add a new application server, jBoss. We decided to use Tomcat.
And it would be simpler for me to use a different DB instead of HSQLDB.
So is it possible to do one or both of the following?
  1. install OpenKM on Tomcat
  2. make OpenKM to use a database that is not HSQLDB
The former is the more important.
Many thanks
 #9084  by jllort

In future sure we'll be on tomcat, but actually is difficult to remove the jboss security dependences. I recommend stay on jboss. I don't know if version 5.2 will become with tomcat, but be sure we've got on mind and it's one of our major features from our actual roadmap.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.