File not found / invalid path

We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
MKochS
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

File not found / invalid path

Post by MKochS »

tomcat-8.5.34, Version: 6.3.9 (build: e57b626)

I have uploaded a document and it shows up in my desktop. When I am trying to access it, however, it isn't found. I am getting this message in catalina.out:

Code: Select all

2021-05-09 15:16:15,945 [http-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-1] ERROR c.o.s.frontend.ConverterServlet - /opt/tomcat-8.5.34/repository/datastore/c7/d5/8c/62/c7d58c62-dc99-48d3-8a68-d2ea672a6c4e (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/tomcat-8.5.34/repository/datastore/c7/d5/8c/62/c7d58c62-dc99-48d3-8a68-d2ea672a6c4e (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
This is no surprise because "/opt/tomcat-8.5.34/repository/datastore/c7/d5" doesn't even exist. A file named "c7d58c62-dc99-48d3-8a68-d2ea672a6c4e" can't be found either. What's going on here?

Kind regards
Matthias
MKochS
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: File not found / invalid path

Post by MKochS »

It probably makes sense to explain my workflow:

1. A document scanner copies the pdf to a directory.
2. a cronjob moves the scanned pdfs to a webdav-mounted directory (davfs2) in my openkm workspace. From /etc/fstab:
http://<openkm-host>/webdav/okm_personal/<username> <userdirectory> davfs noauto,user,uid=<username>,<credentials and path to config file> 0 0
This has been in use for months now, without any recent changes.
jllort

Post by jllort »

Check if the file exist in the repository or not ( sometimes exist but because started with root users the standard openkm user do not have grants to access ). If do not exist, then have lost binary data ( should recover from backup if have one )
MKochS
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by MKochS »

A very odd thing: I've had four missing files, and they have, for whatever reason, ended up with their full paths in /datastore (right in the machine's root directory), not in /opt/tomcat/repository/datastore. Moved them back into the correct path and we were fine. Thanks a lot for your help and attention anyway.
Take good care
Matthias