• 3.0 to 4.0 migration

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #4734  by Flogeras

Hi

I followed the migration guide to switch from 3.0 to 4.0. All steps went smoothly AFAIK. The migration tool ran to completion, etc.

After starting up the fresh 4.0 version, I can log in as okmAdmin (with the default password), but none of my old users are shows in the Administration->Users tab. They seem to be in the OKMAuth database still, but I cannot see them in the Administration (nor can I log in as one).

Has anyone else seen this? What could I have done wrong?
 #4743  by Flogeras

My mistake, they are not in the NEW OpenKM OKMAuth database, I was still looking at the old installation's database.

Am I supposed to copy the server/default/data/hypersonic directory to the new installation?
 #4745  by Flogeras

Well I solved it

As it turns out, the missing step was to copy the hypersonic database directory from the old install to the new one. But also, since the new system uses md5 for passwords, that is why I could not log in.

I temporarily got in by editing the server/default/conf/login-config.xml file and commented out the following two lines:
<module-option name="hashAlgorithm">md5</module-option>
<module-option name="hashEncoding">hex</module-option>

But I did want to use MD5 for passwords in the database. We only had 5 users, so I migrated them by hand. I created a temporary installation without migrating anything to it. Then I set up the 5 accounts by hand, typing in the same passwords as were stored in cleartext in the original 3.0 installation. After that, I used a database tool to set the MD5 encoded passwords in the migrated database, replacing the cleartext versions.

After that, I could resume using the upgraded system.
 #4748  by jllort

1- be care overwriting older databases to newer, because sometimes we do some changes ( users database has not changed between 3 to 4 but in 5.0 has changed sure).

We're planning to introduce hibernate in OpenKM 5.0, because migrating databases could be really tedious and with hibernate we could make this process and others internally better.

We'd like a more easilly migration process, but the several ways to configure OpenKM ( diferent dbms, etc... ) makes it more dificult than we wish.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.