• FindPaginated Search Error: Multi Domain Searches

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44670  by ofstab

I have having problems using the findpaginated search function, either through the UI, or through the Rest service. The errors are the same.

I am doing a wildcard search on name (i.e. return all objects found) in a particular folder. I am using community 6.3.1, so recursive search is on by default.

If I search individually for documents/mails/folders, it works as expected.

If I search for all three - documents/folders/emails in one, I get the following error:
Code: Select all
2017-09-22 08:59:45,700 [http-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-1] ERROR com.openkm.servlet.frontend.SearchServlet- No row with the given identifier exists: [com.openkm.dao.bean.NodeMail#f238f070-620f-4f77-9ff6-1ff4491c6c6d]
The UUID is always of a folder. I can manually delete the folder with that UUID, but then another folder in the tree produces the same error.

If I search for document/mails only (no folders), I get this error:
Code: Select all
2017-09-22 09:00:01,129 [http-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-7] ERROR com.openkm.servlet.frontend.SearchServlet- maxClauseCount is set to 1024
If I search for folder/mail I get the same error as above - but only if I search for more than 10 results, or try to search for the second page of 10 results.

Very strange. I can work around this by doing three individual searches, and then combining the results, but I would like to do this in one go if possible.
 #44677  by jllort

maxClauseCount error comes because the query what is build based in your search contains more than 1024 clausules, that is caused because the number of subfolders into the root folder you have choosen for recursive search have more htan 1024 subfolders nodes. Take a look if exist in your configuration parameters one named "max.search.clauses" ( increase the value ). Also I suggest upgrade to 6.3.4, althought will not solve the issue always is good idea upgrade to latest OpenKM version ( follow the steps described at https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... guide.html )
 #44688  by ofstab

Thank you for your reply. I have an upgrade to the latest version on my to-do list!

I was trying to do something clever with my application to speed up the time it takes to load all files from a folder in OpenKM. I can have a delay of several seconds while both documents and folders were loaded. My idea was to speed up this process by searching for all files in a folder, and returning the search results paginated into sensibly sized chunks. The total time taken would be around the same, but the user would not be staring at a blank screen while the process completes.

However, I see that is not going to work due to the maxclausecount issue, unless I make that ridiculously large, which is going to cause its own problems.

I was also thinking about enforcing a max 100 files per folder rule, managed underneath the UI and invisible to the user. The problem is that if the user then logs in through the web interface rather than my app, then they will be faced with loads of auto generated folders with no idea where their stuff is.

Back to the drawing board, I think.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.