• How to determine version

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43572  by MKochS

I realize this one sounds pretty stupid, but still.

I am quite positive that some time ago I upgraded my installation from 6.3.0 to 6.3.1. The administration tab, however, displays this:
Code: Select all
OpenKM - Knowledge Management
Version: 6.3.0 (build: 8156)

© 2006-2014 OpenKM
Is there another way to make sure which version I'm actually running? AFAIK upgrading basically means just replacing the OpenKM.war.

TIA
Matthias
 #43585  by jllort

Try with ( sometimes seems tomcat is not cleaning and deploying war file correctly, these steps will prevent it ):
  • Stop OpenKM
  • replace war file
  • delete folders webapp/OpenKM and work/Catalina/localhost
  • start OpenKM
 #48193  by MKochS

Removing work/Catalina/localhost makes OpenKM unstartable, although both webapps/OpenKM and work/Catalina/localhost are being created on start.
Rolled both directories back from backup. Anyway.

I'm getting this on every start:
2019-06-14 09:43:50,480 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  com.openkm.util.WarUtils- Implementation-Version: 6.3.0
2019-06-14 09:43:50,480 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  com.openkm.util.WarUtils- Implementation-Build: 8156
2019-06-14 09:43:50,483 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- *** Application version: 6.3.0 (build: 8156) ***
which is supposed to be not true, because the OpenKM.war file is Version 6.3.8.
# ls -l webapps/OpenKM.war
-rw-r--r--  1 root     root     163157516 Jun  9 20:20 OpenKM.war
 #48207  by jllort

You are doing something wrong, because when you remove work/Catalina/localhost -> you are removing the tomcat cache and these files should be created in the next start up. If are not created it is by another reason, usually because you are not using jdk 1.8 and you are using 1.7 ( it is a common issue ).

Can you please share:
1- full tomcat path
2- java -version you are using
3- with application stopped, remove all files into the logs, start tomcat and share here the catalina.log file ( should be shown some error there what can guide in the resolution )
 #48210  by MKochS

The said folders ARE being replaced when I start up, so it is what I would expect as normal behaviour. The application just doesn't run, and wants the old folders back.

For your questions:

1 - The whole OpenKM installation is located in /opt/openkm-6.3.0-community. There's a symlink /opt/openkm that points there.
2 - openjdk-8-jdk, 8u212-b03-2-de, as shipped with the current Devuan Ascii distro
# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_212"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_212-8u212-b03-2~deb9u1-b03)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.212-b03, mixed mode)
3 - The log is available but I cannot upload it here. The BB system throws an "illegal extension" error.

This is where I end up:
Auswahl_008.png
Auswahl_008.png (15.05 KiB) Viewed 4002 times
 #48229  by jllort

* stop openkm
* remove all logs
* start openkm
share here the openkm.log file
 #48299  by jllort

You should change your current tomcat what seems older /opt/openkm-6.3.0-community/tomcat by newer.
Take a look here:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... pdate.html

1- Before make a backup
2- The files to check are OpenKM.cfg, OpenKM.xml and conf/server.xml
3- The repository folder should be moved into the new tomcat folder

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.