• Some questions about the OpenKM 4.0 + JBoss 4.2.3.GA install

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #3720  by showBoy

Hi all!
I am from China.Now,I am studying the OpenKM 4.0 + JBoss 4.2.3.GA how to install.I have some questions.Hope somebody can answer me.

1.I installed the OpenKM 4.0 + JBoss 4.2.3.GA ,but I didn't saw the SQL DataBase .For example mysql ,sqlserver and so on.I guess the install bag jBoss use the HSQL.If i want to use mysql and see the OpenKM4.0's DB tables .How can I do?
2.OpenKM 4.0 + JBoss 4.2.3.GA How to set the User and Roles .Now I use the user "okmAdmin" with password "admin" to login .I want to create some users and Roles.
3.Is the OpenKM 4.0 can use the workflow? I see the OpenKM 4.0 can use the workflow in some readme.txt.but I don't know how to use .

I interest in the OpenKM 4.0 ,But it's new for me. So if you know the question,please give me some help.Thank you! :oops:
 #3734  by akuma_lad

showBoy wrote:Hi all!
I am from China.Now,I am studying the OpenKM 4.0 + JBoss 4.2.3.GA how to install.I have some questions.Hope somebody can answer me.

1.I installed the OpenKM 4.0 + JBoss 4.2.3.GA ,but I didn't saw the SQL DataBase .For example mysql ,sqlserver and so on.I guess the install bag jBoss use the HSQL.If i want to use mysql and see the OpenKM4.0's DB tables .How can I do?
2.OpenKM 4.0 + JBoss 4.2.3.GA How to set the User and Roles .Now I use the user "okmAdmin" with password "admin" to login .I want to create some users and Roles.
3.Is the OpenKM 4.0 can use the workflow? I see the OpenKM 4.0 can use the workflow in some readme.txt.but I don't know how to use .

I interest in the OpenKM 4.0 ,But it's new for me. So if you know the question,please give me some help.Thank you! :oops:
Hi
showBoy
openKM默认是用一个叫做Hypersonic的DB。如果是3.0的话。在dao目录里有4个dll文件,那是数据库定义文件。如果是4.0的话,在resources目录的dao目录也有相同的文件。使用okmadmin as username 登陆后,会有个administrator panel,里面会有用户添加以及权限设置的地方。不过在IE下不会显示,Firefox可以。至于工作流,我也没太弄懂。
如果你要使用mysql作为后台数据库就需要改变openkm-ds.xml文件。
我目前遇到的问题是二次开发环境搭建还存在一些问题。有可能是从SCM download the project 时,出现了问题。以至于发布时有几个错误。
 #3742  by showBoy

akuma_lad wrote:
showBoy wrote:Hi all!

Hi
showBoy
openKM默认是用一个叫做Hypersonic的DB。如果是3.0的话。在dao目录里有4个dll文件,那是数据库定义文件。如果是4.0的话,在resources目录的dao目录也有相同的文件。使用okmadmin as username 登陆后,会有个administrator panel,里面会有用户添加以及权限设置的地方。不过在IE下不会显示,Firefox可以。至于工作流,我也没太弄懂。
如果你要使用mysql作为后台数据库就需要改变openkm-ds.xml文件。
我目前遇到的问题是二次开发环境搭建还存在一些问题。有可能是从SCM download the project 时,出现了问题。以至于发布时有几个错误。

非常感谢您的指点,我也下载了其SVN项目,但是可能下载的不全,现在已经可以看到您说的几个DLL文件,原来其工作流用的是JBPM3的版本。但是估计要想顺利用得花不少时间去弄了。我也是对这个项目比较感兴趣。有机会还是希望和高手多多切磋。 :)
 #3752  by jllort

1- To create user and roles in admin panel, use right click -> it'll appear a popup menu
2- To install in other database, you must change repository.xml ( take a look in this forum, there're some examples about it ).
3- OpenKM come with jBPM workflow engine, you can use it, are several post in forum about it. Remember creating a workflow is not easy.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.