• Vision of users in Security tab

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28146  by yv_

Hi,

I am referrring to this old thread. I am wondering if anyone has made a successful implementation of 'filtering' the users seen when you try to edit the security property of a folder/file based on role.

For e.g. I am a user in role 'technical' and would like to only see users from my team who are in the same role as me.

I am currently looking at frontend extensions but still reading through it as I do not know which one to use yet.

Thanks!
 #28162  by michaeled

Hi,
We do that with group (not with rôle).
The only limit is that an user is not able to share something to a group he dont belong... I can search and send explanation if you want...?
Regards,
Michael
 #28167  by yv_

michaeled wrote:Hi,
The only limit is that an user is not able to share something to a group he dont belong... I can search and send explanation if you want...?
Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,

I see. I haven't explored into groups yet. Yes you may explain, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!
 #28173  by cuongpjh

michaeled wrote:Hi,
Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael.
Can you help me explain thoroughly and you are not well understood, thank you.
 #28182  by jllort

The actual filtering options only allow you to filter by role name or user name. The suggested improvement should not be hard to be implemented if you want some guide in source code tell us
 #28188  by yv_

Yes, that will be very helpful. I am in need of a better guide. Would it be fine to simply edit the user query from get all users to get users where role = my role, for example?
 #28214  by jllort

Follow
1- http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Developer_Guide ( to configure your development IDE )
2- Then you're interested in this classes:
SecurityPopup -> Main security popup. Here you must be interested in SecurityPanel
Finally for user by role filtering you should do little modification in SecurityUser and SecurityRole, basically in methods getFilteredUngrantedUsers and getFilteredUngrantedRoles
Al must modifiy RPC and servert OKMAuthService, OKMAuthServiceAsync and AuthServlet

Is more easy than you think. Take with pacience and in few minutes you'll get it.
 #28225  by yv_

Hey,

Thank you so much for the good support. I get the coding part. Now, I dont know what you mean with the RPC and server part. Yes, I am able to understand it, the vast dependencies just overwhelm me sometimes. :D
 #28229  by jllort

RPC 0 Remote Process Call ( basically is composed by a server what implement some XXXService and has XXXServiceAsync ( what is used in GWT side ) ).

Look for example DocumentServerlet ( what implement OKMDocumentService and take a look some method referenced from OKMDocumentServiceAsync ). That the ajax mechanism used by GWT to interact with server.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.