• migrating from 1.1 to 3.0

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2308  by pvervoo

Hello

I\'m trying to migrate my repository from version 1.1 to 3.0. I tried following command:
java -Djava.security.auth.login.config=jaas.config -Xmx512m -cp OKMUtils.jar es.git.openkm.util.cmd.RepositoryUpgrade repository-1.1.xml repository-1.1 repository-3.0.xml repository-3.0

from within the migration directory of the 3.0 version.

First I get a lot of WARN\'s about the filters ( e.g. MsExcelTextFilter ) and it ends with an Exception:
Exception in thread \"main\" javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: okm:config
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getNode(NodeImpl.java:2487)
at es.git.openkm.util.cmd.RepositoryUpgrade.main(RepositoryUpgrade.java:105)

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Philippe
 #2316  by jllort

You can not directly migrate from 1.1 to 3.0

You must migrate 1.1 to 1.2
1.2 to 2.0
and 2.0 to 3.0
 #2327  by pvervoo

Migrating from version to version till 3.0 is too time-consuming for me. What I did was an export and an import. This worked fine, however I lost my users and their rights. Is there a way to import the users in 3.0 from an earlier version ?
 #2329  by jllort

There\'s no mechanism, because from older versions than 2.0 , users by default comes on a plain text, but since version 3.0 users comes with embeded database. There\'s no automatic way to migrate it.

If you\'ve got so much users, the most easy way is to get the plain text and transform on database queries to be inserted. The database structure is really simply and might not be a great problem doing it.
 #3403  by ivg.gtbi

Well, I\'ve found instructions to do the migration from 1.1 to 1.2 in the 1.2 release notes, but it gives me many errors, like «Extractor class not found: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.MsExcelTextFilter» and the like and «Exception in thread \"main\" javax.jcr.LoginException: No se han configurado LoginModules para Jackrabbit».

Can you help me, please? It seems migrating from 1.1 to 3.0 is going to be an odissey... :-(

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.