• jbpm5 & openkm

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #13325  by ahmed

i know that openkm can integrate with jbpm3 but i will building workflow using jbpm5 so i want to know , can openkm integrate with jbpm5 workflow files. :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll:
 #13352  by jllort

The actual JBPM engine is 3, you could not execute version 5 files.
 #13375  by pavila

OpenKM won't support jBPM in a near future. Perhaps the replacement for jBPM3 will be Activiti, but not jBPM5.
 #13387  by carmelr

If OpenKM will not support jBPM in the future, what will happen to all the development in Workflows done when support is removed?
When is it intended to move on to something else?
 #13405  by pavila

The migration to jBPM5 will be also agresive because it does not keep backguard compatibility with jBPM3,as far as I know. The more sweet migration should be done to jBPM4 but this library has been abandoned and nobody maintains it, and seems to have several important bug.

This is sad, I know. But we need to leave jBPM3 some day because prevent us to upgrade to newer version of Hibernate.

Of course comments and ideas are welcome.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.