• System Message On Login

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #1003  by Dave

Would be great if we had the ability to display a system message when users log in. This would be used by the System Administrator to notify of changes, events, planned outages/downtime, etc.
 #1005  by jllort

You\'re thinking on some alerts by system no ?

Alerts like -> login, user quota exced, etc... which one consider interesting, useful ?
 #1208  by wiseman

I agree. Basically just a simple alert that can contain absolutely anything -- usually just strings and alerts.... but perhaps also some hyperlinks that automatically link the user to particular frequently accessed directories.
 #1209  by Dave

Not really, could be handy to have different options, but I was just thinking a simple string field that you had the option to display after user logs in. It would be used for messages like;

\"There will be system maintenance this Friday at 10:00 am for one hour, OpenKM will be unavailable during this time.\"

or,

\"The directory structure under Projects has been updated, please take some time to review the new structure.\"

or,

\"Permissions to the Finiance directory have been updated. If you do not have access to this and believe you should please contact the System Administrator.\"

That sort of thing. Just simple messages, that you can pop up once a user logs on, which they read and close, and Administrator has the ability to turn on and off.

Actually, if you wanted to get fancy, you could even have option to display the message to certain groups only.
 #1210  by pavila

It can be an interesting feature. I\'ll take care of it in a future release.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.