• Tab Document Extension

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #11291  by andrew.cy

I wanted to ask why can't I use the api classes to write a tab document extension. I keep getting an error that states "no source code found for com.openkm.api.OKMFolder did you forget to inherit a module"
 #11305  by pavila

Because you want to use core classes from GWT side. You need to implement a callback to call a method in a remote servlet, and this servlet can call any core classes. Take a look at a GWT tutorial to learn more on this.
 #11313  by jllort

you must call API across remote rpc service in that case folderService ( take a look for OKMFolderService and OKMFolderServiceAsync )
 #11333  by andrew.cy

I figured out how to do it however when I create a folder and then move a file to it in a onclick handler I get PathNotFoundException even though the folder has been created. I have tried using refreshUI but have not been succesful is there a way to refresh the taxonomy folder tree within a tab document extension.
 #11335  by jllort

You must call GeneralComunicator.refreshUI()
 #11337  by andrew.cy

GeneralComunicator.RefreshUI() does not work the only way to see the newly created folder is to click on the parent foler in the taxonomy tree. The toolbar refresh button doesn't work either its as if the newly created folder is not there.
 #11342  by jllort

I'll investigate that seems could be a bug. I've added in our tracking system http://issues.openkm.com/view.php?id=1682

meanwhile I could propose use it, General.Comunicator.openAllFolderPath(parentPath,null) it'll not be the perfect solution but it'll run

Josep
 #11359  by andrew.cy

Thanks I really apreciate the help your right though seems like it could be a bug that the folder doesn''t show in the taxonomy but I got it to work using General.Comunicator.openAllFolderPath(parentPath,null)

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.