• Incremental backup and mtime

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #11091  by snowman

Hello,

I while ago there was a thread about the problem that openkm sets the mtime of repository file each night. I recently asked there for news. Because there were no answers then. I open up this as a new topic.
I think it is quite important to many people to be able to do incremental backups on the repository.

My symptom ist that openKM 5.0.3 - or whatever - is setting mtime of the repository files to midnight of that day. This happens without any user interaction. The system is up and running but not used for days. Addtionally, sometimes I see mtime of 7:43 the same day.
Any backup program - I use bacula - I know of refers to mtime for doing the backup. Basically, this way incremental backups do not work with openKM.
My question now is, what causes the mtime setting each night and how to turn it off. I cannot see any good reason for this behavior.

Best regards,
snowman
 #11132  by pavila

OpenKM document storage is build on Apache Jackrabbit. Maybe this question should be asked in the Jackrabbit mailing list. We actually make incremental backups with rsync and rdiff-backup and didn't notice any issue.

Every night a daemon process is launched to purge the orphaned files from the file datastore. Maybe this cleanup process modify the file mtime property.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.