• Phantom Folder Moves When Collapsing Folder In Taxonomy

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #17341  by hancocnd

My current OpenKM system has 8 folders under okm:root. If you expand each folder in Taxonomy and then go back up the list and click the "-", one/some/many of these folders will move a level deeper into a folder around them. So for example I have:

okm:root/FldA
okm:root/FldB
okm:root/FldC

I expand all folders, then start collapsing them. Quite regularly FldC will move itself on collapse from okm:root/ to okm:root/FldB. Sometimes Taxonomy will show the move, and other times it will show FldC in its original and new location. If it just moved itself, a simple move will put it back in the right place. If it shows both, clicking on the original will generate a path not found exception. In order to clear that I have to exit and log back in, then move the folder back to its original location. This isn't limited to only top level folders moving, and it seems random with typical use, although I can replicate it quite easily just expanding down the top level folders and then collapsing back up.

Sometimes the message "INFO [MultiIndex] Unable to delete obsolete index: _XX" (XX being different almost every time) shows up in the server log, and the activity log does register a move.

This happens in IE9 and Chrome, but not FireFox. I have seen zero mention of this anywhere which I find quite surprising considering I am running a pretty standard installation.

Specs:
Win7 x64
4GB RAM
Intel Dual Core E5200
JBoss 4.2.3 (setup exactly as it came with 5.1.9 except for upping the memory limit)
OpenKM 5.1.10 (recently upgraded from 5.1.9 in hopes it would fix this issue)
HypersonicDB

Any help would be greatly appreciated to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks
 #17346  by hancocnd

To add insult to injury in FireFox the Clipboard icons for 'URL' and 'WebDAV' fail to show up, but they do in the other browsers. So in essence my OpenKM installation is currently broken in every browser I have available to test on, which is obviously a huge issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
 #17361  by jllort

- to see clipboard icons need flash player installed ( could be some problem on okm:root but only first time appearing screen, after it clicking in tree nodes should seen icon correctly )
- about move could be some problem with drag & drop ( I made some changes on it to, now inquires users for dra&drop confirmation ). could you test in our online demo demo.openkm.com ( if error persist some little video will be appreciated because I do not know exactly the problem ( the log information has other cause than your click in UI ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.