Is it possible to enable/disable a metadata field based on another metadata field in the form?

We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
mamad
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Is it possible to enable/disable a metadata field based on another metadata field in the form?

Post by mamad »

Hi guys
I want to know if it's possible to enable/disable a metadata field based on another metadata field in the form?
For example, when the user is filling the metadata form, if he selects a checkbox filed, another metadata field of the form becomes disable dynamically
I read about metadata validator elements but my requirements do not satisfy with that.
Is this possible at all and if yes, how?
Thanks in advance
jllort

Re: Is it possible to enable/disable a metadata field based on another metadata field in the form?

Post by jllort »

No, should be modified the source code for this kind of behaviour ( not trial I must advice ). In this scenario maybe is better to create your own form as a customization in a new tab like https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... nsion.html