• Limit on Documents Size On Openkm

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50486  by PSHREYASHOLLA

Hi,

Wanted to know,
1) What will be the single document Size limit in OpenKM ?
2) What is the overall Size Limit for all documents stored in OpenKM?

Wanted the above details for both Community and Professional Versions.

TIA,
Shreyas Holla P.
 #50615  by jllort

It depends on:
1- first-year number of documents and annual increment
2- number of concurrent users ( how many readers and writers )
3- only users upload documents or do you have some integration with thirdparty application, here I'm looking for huge import process ( single robot user may kill the server )
4- what OS did you choose, I suggest Linux when possible ( with the same hardware you always will get an extra performance in comparasion with Windows )
 #50650  by PSHREYASHOLLA

Thanks for the explanation. So it basically depends on the volume and frequency of documents/users.

So do we have a sample chart for the same(Users/Documents) volume?

And do we have have a minimum required software and hardware for OpenKM to run?
 #50656  by jllort

Minimum hardware suggested in case of Linux is 2core + 4GB of ram, in case of windows about 4core and 6GB of ram. In the documentation, we try to give some clues about the hardware https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ments.html

Because we don't want to fool anyone, we do not have a chart. I do not want to share a pleasant chart, usually marketing charts what give non-realystic expectations.

Is not possible to give a prediction of the hardware you will consume, there're a lot of vars to take in consideration. For example to extract the content of a PDF file maybe you need 1 core at 100% for 3-6 seconds ( or more ), the way on how you will use OpenKM, the kind of problem you have and the type of solution applied using OpenKM will determinate the hardware needed.

Based on our expertise with our customers, customizations and real problems I prefer share something based in a description of a problem. If you share a description of your problem, users, files etc... I can try to give some idea about what you need. Finally, the hardware should be well configured, sometimes I found virtual machine scenario where for some unknown reason the performance is horrible, maybe I/O issue, maybe wrong virtualization software configuration etc... We have a lot of customer with an excellent performance in a virtual machine, really virtualization has the advantage to increase or reduce hardware resources under demand. But in my opinion, someones are not well configured or have chosen bad hardware for it purpose.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.