• [SOLVED] OKMHotFolder not working on Windows 7

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #48772  by gr8trthn

Hi All,

I am using 6.3.8 Community Edition.

Since the Scanner Tool (for now, hoping it would be soon) is not able to merge pdfs. I opted to use the OKMHotFolder for us to upload a file to the OKM Server.

A few things I noticed about the HotFolder installer:

1. I have downloaded the zip file that contained the OKMHotFolder 1.0 version installer and it seems that it contained a different installation file as
it is named as "OKMHotFolder-ce-1.0" but the contents are different, the installer folder is named as "OKMHotFolder-pro-1.0". I am not sure whether the installer is for pro or ce version? (indicated in the first red box on the screenshot below).

2. I have a screenshot below of the error whenever I am installing the OKMHotFolder 1.0 on my machine.

Would there be anyone that uses the OKMHotFolder 3.0 version? Can I get a copy for us to use?

Thanks in advance.
 #48774  by gr8trthn

Hi All,

I seem to have resolved the issue by myself. I am not sure whether its an acceptable fix though.

I created a "C:\OpenKM" folder containing a blank log file named "OKMHotFolder_installer.log".

I then I restarted the installer and now it works finally.

I hope this helps others that will have the same problem in the future.

Shoutout to the administrators of this forum,

When would you have an installer for the OKMHotFolder version 3.0 version up for use for those who are using the community edition? Is it possible?

Just asking :)

Thanks.
 #48810  by jllort

OKMHotfolder-pro version should not be used with the community edition. The reason is web services. Version 3.x has been build to work with OpenKM version 7 web services, version 2.x with OpenKM 6.4 and community version 1.x with the community edition.

You should follow the description in this table: https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/hot-folder-tool/
 #48933  by openkm_user

Shows following error while trying to install in a Windows 10 machine,

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.56 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
 #50100  by HugoHiasl

I had the same issue and was asking here for help.

Meanwhile I realized that I just needed to run the installer as "Administrator". Being an administrator and running without elevated privileges did not work.

Maybe that helps other people with same issue.
 #50107  by pherrera

Hi,

It is recommended to check the version of OpenKM or according to the version to update which version of a certain OpenKM tool is compatible.
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ho ... patibility

Effectively this application must be run as administrator as it listens for file system change notifications.
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ho ... ments.html

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.