[SOLVED] OKMHotFolder not working on Windows 7

We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
gr8trthn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

[SOLVED] OKMHotFolder not working on Windows 7

Post by gr8trthn » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:07 am

Hi All,

I am using 6.3.8 Community Edition.

Since the Scanner Tool (for now, hoping it would be soon) is not able to merge pdfs. I opted to use the OKMHotFolder for us to upload a file to the OKM Server.

A few things I noticed about the HotFolder installer:

1. I have downloaded the zip file that contained the OKMHotFolder 1.0 version installer and it seems that it contained a different installation file as
it is named as "OKMHotFolder-ce-1.0" but the contents are different, the installer folder is named as "OKMHotFolder-pro-1.0". I am not sure whether the installer is for pro or ce version? (indicated in the first red box on the screenshot below).

2. I have a screenshot below of the error whenever I am installing the OKMHotFolder 1.0 on my machine.

Would there be anyone that uses the OKMHotFolder 3.0 version? Can I get a copy for us to use?

Thanks in advance.

gr8trthn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: [SOLVED] OKMHotFolder not working on Windows 7

Post by gr8trthn » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 am

Hi All,

I seem to have resolved the issue by myself. I am not sure whether its an acceptable fix though.

I created a "C:\OpenKM" folder containing a blank log file named "OKMHotFolder_installer.log".

I then I restarted the installer and now it works finally.

I hope this helps others that will have the same problem in the future.

Shoutout to the administrators of this forum,

When would you have an installer for the OKMHotFolder version 3.0 version up for use for those who are using the community edition? Is it possible?

Just asking :)

Thanks.

jllort

Post by jllort » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:32 pm

OKMHotfolder-pro version should not be used with the community edition. The reason is web services. Version 3.x has been build to work with OpenKM version 7 web services, version 2.x with OpenKM 6.4 and community version 1.x with the community edition.

You should follow the description in this table: https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/hot-folder-tool/

pherrera
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pherrera » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi,

The .zip of the web is already modified, and I also share a new compilation of the OKMHotFolder that corrects the error when installing.
Download here.

openkm_user
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by openkm_user » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 am

Shows following error while trying to install in a Windows 10 machine,

Capture.JPG
Production Configuration: OpenKM Community 6.3.8 | Windows Server 2016 | Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2670 2.60GHz | RAM: 80GB | 16 Core | MySQL 5.7.14 | Virtualized

pherrera
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pherrera » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi,

Please try the installer of OKMHoFolder version1.1.
You can download it from the follower link:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ho ... patibility
or directly:
http://download.openkm.com/okm/com/hotf ... ce-1.1.zip

I wait for your comments, greetings.