• OpenKM + Webdav + Windows 7 => finally working

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #11157  by chevdor

Hello,

I just want to share here since I found the solution to my problem.

First I am using v5.0.4 and Windows 7. Thus I should not need any extra software. I have tried the software recommended in the doc and they actually did not work.

Solution:
into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters look for TypeUseBasicAuth and replace the default value (1) by 2 allowing BasicAuth through NON SSL connections.

Then map your drive using this address:
\\localhost:8080/OpenKM/repository/default/okm_root/

I hope this will help a few...
 #11159  by jllort

If I understand right, you're using default window features for connecting ... you're not using any thirdparty software is that ?

Please, confirm it and I'll put your information in our wiki documentation
 #11642  by chevdor

Hi,

You understood right. My goal was to use nothing else than Windows.
I think this works only with Windows 7 (maybe Vista) though. It won´t work with XP systems.

Unfortunately, I find teh webdav access VERY slow despite the fact that I have only a few hundreds (200~300) docs in the system and most of the files are around 20-40kb.

Is it and area of OpenKM that should be optimized?
 #12106  by ikampolis

If you have a slow webdav connection in windows 7 please follow the instructions in
http://oddballupdate.com/2009/12/18/fix ... windows-7/
It turns out to be a windows issue, not OpenKM.

Furthermore in Windows 7/Vista you need to add your certificate (if its not issued by a verified CA)
into windows if you plan to use Webdav over SSL (and,like me, do not compensate with digest auth):
1) Get the certificate from the server administrator in CER format or download it from Firefox.
2) Start windows Certificate Manager: in “cmd” type certmgr.msc
3) Select on the left “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”
4) In the menu “Actions” -> “All Tasks” select “Import” and then “Next”
5) Browse for the location of certificate file you saved earlier on your computer and click “Open”.
6) You will get a few more warning messages. Just say to go through with it until the certificate is accepted.

Then you can map webdav content as a network drive without any other software. The folder should be:
https://server:port/OpenKM/repository/default/
To make sure that everything is ok with certificates, open the address using IE. If no warning pops up then its a go.

This allows you to read/view files. If you need write access over a network drive you need to
disable File Locking (windows does not support webdav file lock).

For Windows Xp there is a fix (KB907306).

Best regards from Greece,

Giannis
 #12123  by pavila

ikampolis wrote:If you have a slow webdav connection in windows 7 please follow the instructions in
http://oddballupdate.com/2009/12/18/fix ... windows-7/
It turns out to be a windows issue, not OpenKM.
I have these tips to our documentation wiki at http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/WebDAV_access.

Thanks for sharing this info!
 #29151  by raquel3rs

I can't connect to webdav from anywhere. Can someone help me?
I am using Windows 8 and want to connect to webdav without any third party software, like you did.
But I keep getting the "windows can't access error"

With webdrive I can access webdav, but file syncronization is a bit off.

Does anyone know how to map a drive in windows to webdav?
I tried and it keeps giving errors that it can't connect or access, or opens the browser instead when I paste the url in file explorer.

thank you!
 #41311  by sbingner

I made a small patch to the code that fixes it but may or may not have unintended consequences. The problem is that windows locks the file then tries to overwrite it while holding the lock.
Code: Select all
Index: src/main/java/com/openkm/dao/NodeDocumentDAO.java
===================================================================
--- src/main/java/com/openkm/dao/NodeDocumentDAO.java   (revision 8247)
+++ src/main/java/com/openkm/dao/NodeDocumentDAO.java   (working copy)
@@ -932,7 +932,10 @@
            nDoc.setLock(nLock);
            nDoc.setLocked(true);
         } else {
-           throw new LockException("Node already locked");
+           NodeLock nLock = nDoc.getLock();
+           if (!nLock.getOwner().equals(user)) {
+               throw new LockException("Node already locked by another user");
+           }
         }
        }
Sam

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.