• How to Integrate Openkm with oracle EBS ??

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #45917  by saleem55

Dears

I have a requirement of integrating OpenKm with oracle EBS 12.2 .
we need a way to upload files directly from ORACLE EBS forms or web to OpwnKM

thanks
Saleem
 #45930  by jllort

I ignore the possibilities of integration what offers EBS

The best option for integrating with any application is from their API ( if they have exposed ). With a quick Google search I found it what might help you https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenchan/a-p ... t-services ( seems you can create your own REST services, I ignore if you have existing ones ? ). Seems also exist SOAP webservice.

The idea will be from OpenKM make calls to EBS webservices or reverse. Might be another integration mechanism, like the file system where to store CSV + files what might be daily processed in both sides, etc.
 #46569  by saleem55

I just finished, integration between okm and EBS by
Using fnd_webattch.add_attachment .
The challenge is we need to setup the the customized application to all oracle forum which requires attachment
Thanks
Saleem
 #46583  by jllort

Hi Saleem

Seems fnd_webattch.add_attachment is an Oracle function? correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have more detailed information about it, we can share with other community users for future adventures on it. Also if you consider is interesting some sample or similar might be added in our github.com/openkm repository.
 #46587  by saleem55

Hi jllort ,
I divided the integration into 3 parts to make it fast integration.
the first part i design a custom applet (uploadtookm.jar) which contain a web start (.jlnp) ,this applet can be called from the we server.
uploadtookm.jar will contain jtree and JFileChooser,the jtree can be connected to the okm to select the uploading destination by using ftp or web drive (webdav) i userd (web drive)
the JFileChooser will select the needed document from the local disk which will be uploaded to openkm by using OKMWebservices class.

OKMWebservices ws = OKMWebservicesFactory.newInstance(host, username, password);

InputStream is;
CallableStatement callableStatement = null;
Connection conn = null;
try {
is = new FileInputStream(getuploadtxt.getText());
outputpath=lblup.getText();

com.openkm.sdk4j.bean.Document doc = new Document();

System.out.println("Uploading to openkm........");
System.out.println(outputpath);
doc.setPath(outputpath );
ws.createDocument(doc, is);

IOUtils.closeQuietly(is);
System.out.println("success out from okm");
System.out.println( (outputpath));
System.out.println( ws.getNodeUuid(outputpath));
URL="http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/index.jsp? ... utputpath);

The second part from the oracle forum i used the penalization to setup the passed arguments which will be used in the applet as input:

http://localhost:8080/uploadtookm/dist/ ... ser_id=xxx
The third part i called oracle stored stored procedure from the applet to input UUID of the okm document

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.xxx.xxx.xxx:1521:EBSdatabase "apps", "xxxxxx");
conn.setAutoCommit(false);
String sql = "{call XXDPC_UPLOADTOOKM("+v_category_id+",'"+URL+"',"+pk1+",'"+entity+"',"+v_user_id+")}"; //passed value from part 2
System.out.print(sql);
callableStatement = conn.prepareCall(sql);
System.out.println("Uploaded to ERP success out ");

XXDPC_UPLOADTOOKM is a stored procedure which will call fnd_webattch.add_attachment

this is in very short explanation

thanks

Saleem
 #46600  by jllort

If you want to call the Oracle procedure each time a document is uploaded a suggest link it with Automation -> https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ction.html ( This documentation section will be updated in the new release because we have introduced plugin architecture in the Automation for making more easy the implementation -> if you take a look in the current code https://github.com/openkm/document-mana ... yword.java you will see a new tag named @PluginImplementation for it ).

About applets as you know this is a deprecated architecture, in the community version we have removed it an still not replaced by JAVA Web Starter ( .jlnp ) and Websockets technology what is the right combination to replace old applets. Is not an easy integration, that's why we only have done in the professional version and we still have pending move to the community. If you decide to go for it, consider only it works from Tomcat 7.0.61, with older version you will waste a lot of time until discover that is not supported.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.