• Path location of the files / folders

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #29723  by skorpion78

Is it possible to add a file browser for "metadata" and "category" additional column that will display the path in which the file/directory. Details on the attached image.
filepath.PNG
filepath.PNG (79.05 KiB) Viewed 3707 times
greetings
Sebastian
 #29744  by jllort

Extra columns feature has still not released to community version. Will be released in next major release. Next year. Actually is only present in professional edition.
 #29749  by skorpion78

The WIKI is written that it is possible to set additional columns but on the basis of "property groups". I am asking about the possibility to display documenth path in an additional column.
 #29791  by skorpion78

Thank you for your reply,
Can I ask for the location of the file, which is responsible for the display of columns in the file browser. In the language file found filebrowser.path variable. Maybe I can add a column.
greetings
Sebastian
 #29805  by jllort

The involved classes are:
FileBrowser.java what holds table rows definition.
ExtendedScrollTable what draws objects ( you should change the four add(XXX) where X are GWTFolder, GWTDocument, etc... to take in consideration you've added new column.

About how to get the path the class GWTDocument has method getPath().
 #29817  by skorpion78

hello,
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I can not handle this task :). If you could put such a feature in the new version that would be very nice.

Greetings
Sebastian
 #29836  by jllort

Sincerally, For us this feature has not much sense, because should be set in all explorer view, and althought in metadada or categories can have some sense is others will be quite strange. Should be better do a highlight after sometime over the document or similar feature based on some popup.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.