• SMS

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.

SMS

#13263  by ahmed Mirghani

Hello all,

I appreciated your work very much and wish for you more and more success.

I want to ask if there is any kind of SMS triggering in this openKM?? I searched in its basic feature and did not find any this about SMS. Is there any plugin, add-on or extension for it?
 #13281  by ahmed Mirghani

Thanks jllort for your reply. Sorry but it seemed my question was not clear. To clarify this issue, I want to know if openKM has SMS sending feature or there is existed plugin/addons to do the job??

Again I apologize for the misleading question.
 #13295  by jllort

By default no, you must doing it. And consider SMS sending module needs some minimal integration with thirdparty telephone operator. Depending your country and the operator you decided to use will need some minimal application integration and the SMS will be different. It's easy doing it. If you need contact with us at www.openkm.com/en/contact.html indicate the url of the post and some minimal description about it, and we'll talking about it. Otherside it's in your hand implement yourself, it's not very complicated.
 #15046  by vkasgpta

For any SMS sending feature though, the cost by the operator plays a major role...unless you have some sort of unlimited sms plan.... which operators will eventually shut down if the program sends sms' too frequently... if you guys explore sms feature, see if the websms feature which most websites allow free can be used somehow to save cost.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.