• Any plans for DJVU?

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #12387  by Alexires

Hey guys,

Is there any plays to incorporate DJVU previewing into OpenKM? Quite a lot of the files I'm working with are in DJVU format and I'd like to be able to search/preview them in OpenKM.

Thanks.
 #12412  by jllort

Could you provide to us some url about djvu ( file format, if you know there's some previewer, etc... ) and I'll take a look on it, sincerally is first time I read about it.
 #12428  by pavila

I have found a utility to make the conversion to PDF, so preview is possible: djvu2pdf.
 #12502  by Alexires

Sorry, been away for work.

From Wikipedia: "DjVu (pronounced like déjà vu) is a computer file format designed primarily to store scanned documents, especially those containing a combination of text, line drawings, and photographs. It uses technologies such as image layer separation of text and background/images, progressive loading, arithmetic coding, and lossy compression for bitonal (monochrome) images. This allows for high-quality, readable images to be stored in a minimum of space, so that they can be made available on the web.

DjVu has been promoted as an alternative to PDF,[3] promising smaller files than PDF for most scanned documents. The DjVu developers report[4] that color magazine pages compress to 40–70 kB, black and white technical papers compress to 15–40 kB, and ancient manuscripts compress to around 100 kB; a satisfactory JPEG image typically requires 500 kB. Like PDF, DjVu can contain an OCR text layer, making it easy to perform copy and paste and text search operations.

Free browser plug-ins and desktop viewers from different developers are available from the djvu.org website. DjVu is supported by a number of multi-format document viewers and e-book reader software on Linux (Okular, Evince), Android (VuDroid), and iPhone/iPad (Stanza)."

It would be good to have a converter included in OpenKM as a fair few of my documents are in the DjVu format.
 #12515  by jllort

Thanks Alexires, seems pavila knows it and there's some conversor, we've added in our roadmap.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.