• Routing... can only access http://localhost:8080

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #274  by ed0

Dear all,
I think I have installed successfully, but I can only access the server if I use
the localhost ip address (127.0.0.1).

if I try to access 192.168.0.33 (which is my current IP address), it does not work,
although at http://192.168.0.33/ there is my normal apache and I can access that fine.

Please help!

E

P.S. how do I upgrade my OpenKM installation when a new version come out? Thanks!
 #278  by ed0

that\'s great, thanks!

Any clues about how to update an installation when there is an update?
Just move the repository directory?

Thanks for your help.
 #284  by jllort

After released OpenKM 2.0 stable it\'ll be released the migration utilities.

Be patient an you\'ll have all history documents, etc... upgraded on new OpenKM. Hope on less two week we\'ll release the stable one.
 #341  by bcs112

I have the same problem on a Windows 2000 server installation. Not sure where I need to add the \"$ ./bin/run.sh -b 0.0.0.0 \".

Any help would be much appreciated !

Björn
 #343  by pavila

$ ./bin/run.sh is the script used in GNU/Linux to start JBoss. If you use Windows, you should run JBoss using bin\\run.bat, and then you need to type bin\\run.bat -b 0.0.0.0
 #346  by bcs112

Hi,

OK seems to work now, can\'t access from outside yet but using the actual computer ip address does work... will check the router settings again.

Thanks for the help !
Björn
 #1189  by Whynot

I finally have the unspported files figured out, played with users, userrols etc. Worked within the application creating folders and uploading files. Then came the next phase, testing on a network. Well here I am again at a total stand still. I have used run.bat -b 0.0.0.0 in a windows environment. I can access from the local pc using the ip, localhost and 127.0.0.1 but all I get is resource is not available from any workstation on the network. I can access the JBOSS Application Server from any workstation but OpenKM is not available. Any sugestions would be great.

Cheers
Mark
 #1192  by jllort

That strange, I don\'t know if I understand well you can acess at this computer from http://ip:8080/ and appears jboss default server page and not accessing to http://ip:8080/OpenKM ? that\'s seems not possible ( you typewrite with uppercase characters OpenKM ).
 #1259  by blandobardo

there\'s a parallel forum on http://www.openkm.com/Installation/351- ... twork.html

anyway, I managed to open OpenKM to all hosts on the network by using the -b 0.0.0.0 option however I had to set the INCOMING and OUTGOING chains to ACCEPT in iptables to allow the /run.sh -b 0.0.0.0 to finish and startup

if I set my policies to their default as below:
Code: Select all
 iptables -L -n
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target     prot opt source               destination         
ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED 
ACCEPT     tcp  --  192.168.1.0/24       0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:8080 

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED 

the run.sh stops at the line
Code: Select all
 ./run.sh -b 0.0.0.0
=========================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: /var/www/openkm

JAVA: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_07//bin/java

JAVA_OPTS: -Dprogram.name=run.sh -server -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

CLASSPATH: /var/www/openkm/bin/run.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_07//lib/tools.jar

=========================================================================

15:02:35,925 INFO  [Server] Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)...
15:02:35,926 INFO  [Server] Release ID: JBoss [Trinity] 4.2.2.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_2_GA date=200710221139)
15:02:35,927 INFO  [Server] Home Dir: /var/www/openkm
15:02:35,928 INFO  [Server] Home URL: file:/var/www/openkm/
15:02:35,929 INFO  [Server] Patch URL: null
15:02:35,929 INFO  [Server] Server Name: default
15:02:35,929 INFO  [Server] Server Home Dir: /var/www/openkm/server/default
15:02:35,929 INFO  [Server] Server Home URL: file:/var/www/openkm/server/default/
15:02:35,929 INFO  [Server] Server Log Dir: /var/www/openkm/server/default/log
15:02:35,930 INFO  [Server] Server Temp Dir: /var/www/openkm/server/default/tmp
15:02:35,930 INFO  [Server] Root Deployment Filename: jboss-service.xml
15:02:36,271 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.6.0_07,Sun Microsystems Inc.
15:02:36,271 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 10.0-b23,Sun Microsystems Inc.
15:02:36,271 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: Linux 2.6.24-21-generic,i386
15:02:36,650 INFO  [Server] Core system initialized
15:02:38,561 INFO  [WebService] Using RMI server codebase: http://aziendanet:8083/
15:02:38,563 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL: resource:jboss-log4j.xml

the iptables should permit downloading from connections opended by the machine and their relative answers, so any hint as to what to enable for \"Configuring from URL: resource:jboss-log4j.xml\" to work?
 #1265  by pavila

In Linux the iptables rules are empty by default. Why not try to clean all these rules and set default policy to ACCEPT?
 #1266  by blandobardo

As I said before, setting policy to accept by default obviously works, anyway now I set them again to drop and waiting some 10 minutes finally got the thing working and after the second boot the time dropped to normal as before..

Therefore I deem this topic solved.

thank you veyr much

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.