• new docker version doesn't work

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #50425  by tbclark3

This morning I saw an upgrade to openkm-ce on docker. It was uploaded to docker hub today (8/21/20) and is marked both "latest" and "6.3.9". It replaces a version also marked "6.3.9". I downloaded it, thinking it was probably bug fixes or other changes that wouldn't impact configuration, but it failed with numerous errors, including missing configuration files. It looks like there may even be changes in the names of directories holding configuration files. I reverted to the previous image and the server came up normally. I can find no release notes, nor anything else about this mysterious docker version. Can anybody shed some light on what it contains, what has changed, and whether there is any documentation?
 #50435  by pavila

I've tried the uploaded image and works. Can you post the error log or an screenshot?
 #50478  by tbclark3

I've had some time to pursue this, and I'm VERY much perplexed. The upgrade does not appear to be backward compatible, and I'm not sure how it worked for you.

There are numerous changes. For example, there is a new directory /etc/supervisor that appears to be required. The directory /opt/openkm has been renamed to /opt/tomcat. The database is full of references to /opt/openkm and setting hibernate.htm2ddl=upgrade in OpenKM.cfg is ignored.

Obviously I have mounted portions of /opt and /etc outside of the image; otherwise there would be no persistence.

I have used openkm for a year, but this upgrade deadend is probably a show stopper. Unless I can figure out a solution, I'm going to have to switch to something else.
 #50484  by pavila

You are true, this new image is not compatible. Many users requested a way to use OpenKM with different databases and this the only way we have found and, indeed, there are many changes which makes it not compatible with the previous one.
 #50574  by tbclark3

Are there release notes, or any other sort of upgrade guide? It is pretty difficult figuring out everything that changed.
 #50590  by pavila

Currently there is no upgrade guide because the Docker Community images are experimental and not intended for production. I think the current structure will remain, but we need more feedback to get it done.

The initial images were produced just for testing, because there was no possibility to configure another database different from the default one. So we decided to make some changes to be able to configure different databases and these changed break the backguard compatibility.

So, at this moment the best option is to exporte the repository and import again. Keep on mind the previous version were using the H2 database, which is not a good choice for production. And you can't move from H2 to MySQL (for example) or I don't know a way to do it without problems. And the same applies to PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.