Struggling to make Community development environment work

Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
ghl.ferhat
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Struggling to make Community development environment work

Post by ghl.ferhat »

Hi everyone.
My issue is described tens of times in this forum but still I cant find a solution of it.
I'm trying to install the Community development environment, so I went to the website https://www.openkm.com/en/download.html and downloaded OpenKM-ComPorDev.ova and followed the steps like in the video in the same page but I have this probleme related to mysql as my understanding.
When I try to log to openkm with http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/ I got this ugly message:

Code: Select all

------------------------------------------------------------
Application error
Class:	org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message:	javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection
Date:	Tue Jul 21 20:54:12 CEST 2020
------------------------------------------------------------
I looked for old posts talking about this issue, there was a talking about strong and legacy authentication so
i loged into mysql and did this :

ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH  mysql_native_password BY 'openkm';

ALTER USER 'openkm'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH  mysql_native_password BY 'openkm';
I suppose this should switch from strong to legacy authentication method. but still it does not work.
mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.29, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper

So if any one had this problem in the Community development environment and fixed it, please share the solution, I need it to understand how to design and work with workflows.
Thanks in advance.
jllort

Re: Struggling to make Community development environment work

Post by jllort »

OpenKM personal development environment comes with application ready to be used without any kind of changes. I suggest import the virtual machine again. Once imported and running, you have two options to start OpenKM.

1- Open eclipse and in the server tab you have openkm server configured ( you can start from there )
2- Open a terminal and execute the commnad ( the password of the openkm user is openkm )
sudo service openkm start
lorii
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by lorii »

Dar illort
are you really talking about the actual "OpenKM-ComPorDev.ova". I did try it several times - but NOTHING.
I tried it with starting eclise/Server and with "sudo service openkm start"

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found
Type Status Report
Message /OpenKM
Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.
Apache Tomcat/8.5.34
I tried it also with "https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo" ....
jllort

Post by jllort »

Maybe you have executed clean what deletes the OpenKM.war file and then tomcat is not able to deploy the application. The development environment is shared it works. Check if you have OpenKM.war file in the target folder ( openkm eclipse workspace ), if not compile. Also, check the webapps folder in the tomcat folder, should be a Linux alias to OpenKM.war file.
vazquezm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by vazquezm »

jllort ;
I have the same issue and I re deploy the ova 5 times and got the same. The browser sent:

Class: org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.openkm.core.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection
Date: Wed Apr 28 21:22:45 CEST 202
I think the issue is in the communication or permissons instead of deployment ova problem.
I have the symbolic link correct and the war files created.
Any ideas?
jllort

Post by jllort »

The problem is with the database ... application is not able to connect to the database (the error is clear "DatabaseException: Cannot open connection). Check the database is alive, and you can connect with the user openkm with password openkm from localhost.
ja.clavero
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ja.clavero »

Hello

I have the same problem.

I can connect to database with user openkm and password openkm from command line and MySQL Workbench, but okmdb is empty.
jllort

Post by jllort »

Hi ja.clavero

T'hat's totally impossible. CE Development environment comes with database created and with data. I suggest install virtual machine again because sure you have done something to drop it.