• Installing to Ubuntu on EC2 with Apache proxy and MySQL

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42898  by jase

Hi,
I am stuck at "Loading taxonomy - eval browser params" when logging in as okmAdmin after install.
I have tried creating a new instance without Apache and MySQL (vanilla install) and still stuck.
There are no obvious errors in the log files, and I have tried with different computers (IE, EDGE - windows 10, Chrome, Safari - OSX).

Also I am getting a red exclamation triangle instead of the OpenKM logo.

I have also re-downloaded the install files to make sure it wasn't corrupt.

I am installing via cli not X

Thanks
Jase
 #42900  by jllort

I think there's a problem with database ( the creation process should raise some error ). Try to set hibernate.hbdmll=create again to create the database again and take a look at the log ( catalina.log ) for errors while first start up.
 #42905  by jase

Thanks - Here are short snippets of the error / warn lines that I think could be related.
Code: Select all
ERROR net.sf.ehcache.Cache- Unable to set localhost. This prevents creation of a GUID.
and a bunch of these
WARN  net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.AbstractEhcacheRegionFactory- Couldn't find a specific ehcache configuration for cache named XXXX
I assume this means the DB is new (It is)
ERROR com.openkm.core.Config- ** Error reading configuration table **
Then a bunch of INFO's about creating then this
INFO  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- *** Activating thesaurus repository ***
WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- java.lang.NullPointerException (plus debugging info below)
then an openoffice error (not installed)
WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- officeHome must exist ...
then these
WARN  net.xeoh.plugins.base.impl.classpath.loader.FileLoader- Supplied path does not exist. 
WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils- Unable to read script: /home/openkm/tomcat/start.bsh
WARN  com.openkm.util.ExecutionUtils- Unable to read jar: /home/openkm/tomcat/start.jar
WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- Unable to read sql: /home/openkm/tomcat/start.sql
WARN  org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.server.impl.atompub.CmisAtomPubServlet- CMIS version is not defined! Setting it to CMIS 1.0.
Debug info from java WARN
2017-01-01 22:59:02,533 [localhost-startStop-1] WARN  com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet- 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.openkm.kea.RDFREpository.<init>(RDFREpository.java:89)
	at com.openkm.kea.RDFREpository.getInstance(RDFREpository.java:104)
	at com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet.start(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:270)
	at com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet.init(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:127)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1087)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5493)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1073)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1857)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
 #42906  by jase

Ok seems that the hostname needs to be resolveable.

Added the hostname to the hosts file, deleted and recreated the db.

Its now working. (edit original I typed not - this was a typo)

Thanks

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.