• Trying to increase memory allocation

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #40459  by eurbinati

at the moment setenv.bat contains the following statements:
Code: Select all
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=utf-8
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/log4j.properties
set PATH=%PATH%;%CATALINA_HOME%\lib\sigar
set JAVA_HOME=C:\openkm\java
launching configtest I get the following:
C:\openkm\tomcat\bin>catalina.bat configtest
Using CATALINA_BASE:   "C:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "C:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\openkm\tomcat\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        "C:\openkm\java"
Using CLASSPATH:       "C:\openkm\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\openkm\tomcat\bin\
tomcat-juli.jar"
2015-09-07 11:23:36,074 [    main] INFO  org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener - The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\openkm\java\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\openkm\tomcat\lib\sigar;C:\openkm\tomcat\lib\sigar;.
2015-09-07 11:23:36,293 [    main] INFO  org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol - Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-0.0.0.0-8080"]
2015-09-07 11:23:36,324 [    main] INFO  org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol - Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"]
2015-09-07 11:23:36,324 [    main] INFO  org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina -Initialization processed in 461 ms
In order to increase memory allocation I have changed the first row as below
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms256m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
then launching configtest I get the error below
C:\openkm\tomcat\bin>catalina.bat configtest
Using CATALINA_BASE:   "C:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "C:\openkm\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\openkm\tomcat\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        ""C:\openkm\java""
Using CLASSPATH:       "C:\openkm\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\openkm\tomcat\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
OKM 6.2.5 Build 8109
OS = windows server 2008 R2, Virtual Machine, 64bit
RAM = 6GB

TaskManager is reporting
Physical Memory (MB)
Total 6143
Cached 2183
Available 4923
Free 2794

How can I increase OKM memory allocation?

Thanks
 #40470  by jllort

You're on 64 or 32 bits OS ?
Try to stop other applications before starting openkm.
 #40489  by jllort

Install java jdk 1.7 ( 64 bits ) and set JAVA_HOME at setenv.bat ( default installer comes with embedded 1.7 32 bits and I think it could be the problem ).
 #40510  by jllort

I take note about it for next installer, because I suspect you have not been the only user with the same problem.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.