• Which Linux version to install OpenKM

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #31540  by shashigoud

Hi Guys,

i am facing a problem while installing in Ubuntu 14.10 64bit server
Code: Select all
root@server03:/# /opt/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh 
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/
Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Usage: catalina.sh ( commands ... )
commands:
  debug             Start Catalina in a debugger
  debug -security   Debug Catalina with a security manager
  jpda start        Start Catalina under JPDA debugger
  run               Start Catalina in the current window
  run -security     Start in the current window with security manager
  start             Start Catalina in a separate window
  start -security   Start in a separate window with security manager
  stop              Stop Catalina, waiting up to 5 seconds for the process to end
  stop n            Stop Catalina, waiting up to n seconds for the process to end
  stop -force       Stop Catalina, wait up to 5 seconds and then use kill -KILL if still running
  stop n -force     Stop Catalina, wait up to n seconds and then use kill -KILL if still running
  configtest        Run a basic syntax check on server.xml - check exit code for result
  version           What version of tomcat are you running?
Note: Waiting for the process to end and use of the -force option require that $CATALINA_PID is defined

Just help me out
 #31570  by shashigoud

Hi Catscratch,

i am running a same command what you explained.
Code: Select all
root@server03:/# /opt/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh start
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/
Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Tomcat started.
in browser http://0.0.0.0:8080/openKm here again error coming like
HTTP Status 404 - /OpenKM

type Status report
message /OpenKM
description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.59
please help me out

Regards,

Shashidhar

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.