• Compile GWT Error?!

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1161  by Hlexarder

When I compiled GWT in the Eclipse,I got this error,Can/will anyone tell me how to resolve it?
[ERROR] Unable to find \'com/google/gwt/widgetideas/WidgetIdeas.gwt.xml\' on
your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath ent
ry for source?
 #1162  by jllort

You\'re on windows or on linux ? The generate.sh or generate.bat scripts generates GWT code. Seems is not included on path the incubator library ?

You\'ve downloaded and set the correct GWT version at your eclipse project ( you must not put the last GWT version, you must use the GWT 1.4.6 (we\'ve still not upgrade sourceforge cvs to use GWT 1.5.x )
 #1163  by Hlexarder

I\'m on windows,the generate.bat. I hava already set JAVA_HOME,GWT_HOME,GWT_INCUBATOR,GWT_LIBRARIES.
And I use the gwt-windows-1.4.60.But I still have the error.
 #1164  by jllort

The error is on GWT_INCUBATOR ensures path and file exists and are set OK
 #1165  by Hlexarder

I have double checked the path and file of GWT_INCUBATOR ,
and they are all ok,I have try many times but nothing happen to be well.
So,I can only turn for your help.
I am sorry to trouble you so much!
Now ,I start to try from the beginning again.
 #1167  by jllort

OK, Try changing generate.bat, if you take a look it file must be some line like it :

\"%JAVA_HOME%\\bin\\java\" -Xms256m -Xmx1000m -Djava.awt.headless=true -cp \"%GWT_INCUBATOR%/gwt-incubator_1-4_final.jar;$GWT_LIBRARIES/gwt-log-2.5.0.jar;%APP_DIR%src;%GWT_HOME%\\gwt-user.jar;%GWT_HOME%\\gwt-dev-windows.jar\" com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler -out \"%APP_DIR%docroot\" %* %APP_NAME%

Change the entry \"%GWT_INCUBATOR%/gwt-incubator_1-4_final.jar\" to your file system path on your system ( full path -> something like \"c:\\eclipseworkspace\\openkm\\gwt-library\\gwt-incubator_1-4_final.jar\")

The problem could be on the path, that for some reason, some special character on windows ( included on your path ) don\'t likes, normally spaces or special character, it\'s some possibility. Try to change libraries ubication to newer.
 #1168  by Hlexarder

OK,I remove and replace all the JAVA_HOME,GWT_HOME,GWT_INCUBATOR,GWT_LIBRARIES with the file system path on my system(full path).Great! It go well.
But little error:
[ERROR] Errors in \'F:\\OpenKM\\openkm\\src\\es\\git\\openkm\\frontend\\client\\lang\\La
ng_ro_RO.java\'
[ERROR] Line 34: The type HashMap is not generic; it cannot be parameteri
zed with arguments <String, String>
[ERROR] Line 34: GWT does not yet support the Java 5.0 language enhancemen
ts; only 1.4 compatible source may be used
[ERROR] Line 36: lang cannot be resolved
[ERROR] Line 36: The type HashMap is not generic; it cannot be parameteri
zed with arguments <String, String>
[ERROR] Line 36: GWT does not yet support the Java 5.0 language enhancemen
ts; only 1.4 compatible source may be used

So,I should try to use jdk1.4?Oh,no ^_^
Finally ,Thank you for your good-hearted help!
 #1169  by jllort

I compile with jdk 1.5 it\'s not necessary to install jdk 1.4.

Which exact java version you\'ve got 1.5.0.X, which X ( java -version on console to look it) ? for example on my case is :

java version \"1.5.0_15\"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode, sharing)

You compile from command line no ? or you\'re doing directly from eclipse ? If you\'re compiling under eclipse ensure that some parameter is set to 1.4 compatible ( On eclipse take a look at properties -> java compiler -> ( enable project especific settings and set compiler compliance level to 1.4
 #1170  by Hlexarder

At last,I delete the file \'Lang_ro_RO.java\' ,No errors now.呵呵……
 #1171  by jllort

Oh!!! it\'s a bug, exucuses I upload it file from a more advanced OpenKM version. If you want to correct simply remove generics <> ( remove estra parameters an then it\'ll compile correctly ).
 #1200  by christian_gnoth

Hello,
I have now the same error.

I don\'t like to delete the ro_RO file. So the other idea I would do, but I do not understand what you mean.

What I have to do?

I am using eclipse ganymede 3.4, I downloaded the latest openkm source from sourceforge.net. first i tried it with the gwt-linux version 1.5.2 which did not work. than i used the gwt-linux libs from version 1.4.61. now i still get one error during build.

but during the generate I get this message that the lagn can not be recolved.
 #1201  by jllort

Actual cvs GWT code can only be compiled with GWT 1.4.6, don\'t try to compile with GWT 1.5

The error on RO is caused because, internally us we\'re working with 1.5 yet ( you still can not see it code ) and I\'ve uploaded a GWT 1.5 file to cvs.

I\'ve uploaded this morning the change, make a cvs chekckout and compile with 1.4.6X

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.