• Jboss shutdown before user locked out!

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #75  by peter

hi,

the jboss server shutdown before i loged a user out (system user). when i started jboss up again i got the following login error:
The repository home C:\\OpenKM-1.2_JBoss-4.0.3SP1\\repository appears to be in use since the file named .lock is locked by another process
i have tried logging on with other users but this results in the same error. how can this be reset? and the lock removed?

thanx
 #77  by jllort

I think you\'ve killed server, not shutdown ... ?

We\'ll there\'s a file on %Jboss_home/respository/ called .lock ( hidden file ) , only delete it before running jboss and all turn to normally.
 #78  by peter

thanks for the help but your solution does not work.

after shuttingdown the server i do as you said and deleted the .lock file (whitch is 0kb).

i then restarted the server as instructed. after the server was started the .lock file was replaced in the repository.

have you had problems with this before? why is the .lock file placed in the repository dir?

Peter
 #82  by pavila

The .lock file is placed in the repository dir to ensure there is only read/write access to the repository form only one OpenKM instance. This file is created when you starts JBoss and should be remove automatically when you performs a shutdown. You should\'n kill the server, you must shutdown it properly.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.