• What about data management ?

• Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Help us to improve OpenKM! Be part of the Open Source Community.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the forum search function.
 #11920  by gelinp

Hi,

It was a great thing to add data management in order to manage informations around documentation management. Data management is, by exemple, documentation list I need to search, documentation list I need to buy, documentation subscription management, how much cost each document into my library, payments, shown reception... This is a little bit like PIM software (Personal Information Management) software. For exemple OpenKM could save passwords in order to connect web sites from URL saved by it (cf. KeePassX). I think also about Getting Things Dones task management (cf. ThinkingRock GTD) in order to organise activity around documentation.
 #11945  by jllort

This kind of features - as you purpose - could be implemented as extensions ( passwords storage system or like thinking rock -> that seems a tasks calendar ).
 #47724  by jllort

We cover security and storage. About design I think this is not the goal of ECM, DMS or EDRMS, there is specialized software what covers it. In these scenarios my suggestion is the integration, make several tools working together. DMS will not work as design software or like a BPM etc... are other kinds of solution-focused in solving other kinds of problems or the same problems in a different manner. I think working together is the goal.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.