• Can I Disable Download when checked out

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #11201  by DavidJG

I am very new to OpenKM :D and am not a software engineer although I am OK with general PC administration. :)
Is it possible to disable the ability of other users to download an item if it has been checked out :?:
Also, where do I set the role previleges :?:
 #11214  by jllort

It can be done, but must be implemented as OpenKM extension for doing, it's not complicated but must be done.
 #54623  by Chuck41

Hi. jllort's answer below ' It can be done, but must be implemented as OpenKM extension for doing, it's not complicated but must be done.' Are you able to point to an example? can you direct me to any instruction on how to configure an extension for this function?

Thanks

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.