• New installatioon with repository on NAS

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #10812  by Dexter1979

Hello,

I am trying to get OpenKM working on a Ubuntu server machine. If I do a quick install everything works fine. When I try and install with the repository on our local and backed up NAS box it fails to logon giving me a error when I login with okmAdmin.
Code: Select all
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException cannot be cast to javax.jcr.LoginException
Here's my OpenKM.cfg
Code: Select all
#system.ocr=/usr/bin/tesseract
#system.openoffice.path=/usr/lib/openoffice
#system.img2pdf=/usr/bin/convert
#system.pdf2swf=/usr/bin/pdf2swf
#system.antivir=/usr/bin/clamscan
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
hibernate.hbm2ddl=create
#application.url=http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/com.openkm.frontend.Main/index.jsp
repository.home=/home/openkm/repository
repository.config=/opt/openkm/repository.xml
The only other thing I altered is a local copy of the groups dtd file (server has no internet) wich works with a default repository location.

I need to mention that I have the NAS mounted correctly on the system and some files do appear when I run it but it still gives an error.

Please help so I can actually start using your nice piece of software..
 #10827  by jllort

the repository.home and repository.config configuration parameter must be defined first time starting jboss, if it has been created some repository folder under jboss I recommend remove it, and start jboss with this new configuration.

Put here your server.log stack trace to understanding better the error
 #10859  by Dexter1979

Hello Jllort,

It was a fresh installation and I did not specify both repository parameters you mentioned. I let it run, logged in with okmAdmin and logged back out. Stopped JBOSS, mapped the NAS to the repository directory, restarted JBOSS and ran into my problem.

I will try your suggestions and report back. If I don't move the repository.xml file does that mean the repository folder must be located in the same folder as the repository.xml file? As in repository.xml location -> /opt/openkm/, Repository location -> /opt/openkm/repository.
 #10867  by jllort

repository xml can be in jboss home and repository home in other there's no problem on it. You problem was you started jboss and after it have tryed configuring repository ... it's not the idea ... the idea is first time you starting jboss it'll be the repository configuration forever, you'll can not change it before first starting.

If something wrong happens on first starting simply delete the repository folder and start again.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.