• document access permissions to only few groups

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #7159  by ssprasad.e

as admin i want to upload a document and then i have to set access permission on that document only few groups.
which means only few groups who is having permissions to access that document their only read,write and delete the document.

please give the solution.........
 #7166  by jllort

Create roles for it. OpenKM grants are not different that you could apply in any OS, or application, it's the same idea.
 #7170  by ssprasad.e

may i know how to create roles for documents.

i want change source code of openKM according to my requirement as below:

based on the roles ,document should be visible to the users.
can you tell me how?
 #7178  by jllort

Actually based on roles ( grants ) documents are visible or not to users, I don't understand the problem ... be more specific in your explaination.
 #7182  by ssprasad.e

first of all i want to group the users.is there any option like this.
if i create custom roles then i cant login with that role,
i want to share the document only few people that is based on the role.

as a admin ,i will upload the document then i will notice to users or groups.

how to secure the document.
please help me
 #7263  by alickf

I'm also struggling to see how to effectively apply permissions and roles. I'm currently evaluating several DMS's and one key requirement is the ability to restrict access at a folder tree level, so that internal employees can see everything but client's are restricted to viewing documents in their folder (e.g. 'client 1' below)

- okm:root
* internal
* client 1
* client 2

Is this possible?

Thanks
Alick
 #7274  by jllort

of course - alickf - it's possible.

ssprasad.e I suggest you create two roles assign of two different folders in okm and assign differents users to these roles and then try login with that users to taking a look what's happening. Remember UserRole must not be propagated into repository, because all users must have it to connect to OpenKM. It's only a role that must be used for connection access to OpenKM.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.