• Mail import/capture from GMail stopped working

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #6514  by Peter81929

OpenKM 4.1 installed properly on Ubuntu 10.4., running fine. Mail import from Googlemail also worked fine.

[Edit: Appears to be not related to postfix but some timeout/blocking by Googlemail. See below.]

--------------------------
After installing postfix (replacing Ubuntu's default exim), the OpenKM mail import stopped working. Error messages appear:
Code: Select all
23:44:10,243 ERROR [STDERR] Exception in thread "Timer-4"
23:44:10,243 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
23:44:10,243 ERROR [STDERR]     at es.git.openkm.util.MailUtils.importMessages(MailUtils.java:241)
23:44:10,243 ERROR [STDERR]     at es.git.openkm.core.UserMailImporter.run(UserMailImporter.java:52)
23:44:10,243 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
23:44:10,243 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
I am not aware of having changed anything within OpenKM's Mailconfiguration.

Postfix is configured for smarthost operation and works fine.

Any clues/tips?

Peter
Last edited by Peter81929 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #6550  by Peter81929

In the meantime I went through all kinds of logs, debugging options etc. but was unable to detect anything weird.

So I still wonder if you may have a recommendation where to look for a possible solution.

Any tips are welcome ;-)

Peter
 #6555  by jllort

has not relation with posix, really OpenKM is trying reading mails not sending. Have you configured some user with imap data to importing ?

Users can doing themselfs from UI.
 #6578  by Peter81929

That's what is strange indeed. I knew OpenKM well for reading Mails, actually it DID work fine for a while (using a dedicated gmail account). It suddenly stopped capturing mail exactly after removing exim/installing postfix.

The only hint I have are the error messages - they point to some timeout issues. Since I am not having access to OpenKM source, I wonder if someone could have a look at the routine that causes the timeout.

I also tested the DNS, resolv.conf setting, all are ok (gmail can be reached)

What I will test:
- entered wrong login data on purpose to cause different errors

Peter
 #6603  by Peter81929

[Almost solved]

- Created new GMail account. Mail capture works fine again. Refresh-timeout (schedule.mail.importer=11) set to 11 minutes.
- After about 3 hours, mail capture stopped working again

This looks somewhat like GMail is blocking access, although Web-access to Gmail works fine.

See also: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/g ... 1e9e&hl=en

Peter

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.