• file doesn't indexing!

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #6394  by wangmj

I uploaded a file to the system.I found I can only search documents in English! if the language is chinese, I can't find anything. perhaps the chinese file was not indexed. why?

microsoft word 2003 (*.doc) can't be indexed!
===================env============================
1、windows professional xp sp3
2、jboss4.2.3
3、jdk1.6
4、openKm 5.0
 #6400  by jllort

Which kind of files are you trying to indexing ?
Could you try it on our online demo ( demo.openkm.com ) ?
 #6401  by wangmj

word、ppt、excel 。I try it on our online demo。If the word is in chinese!it was indexed (only english word)!but the chinese word wasn't indexed.why?
 #6403  by jllort

upload here one document and tell us which searching are you doing.
 #6410  by jllort

I've seen, we're investigating what happens.
 #6491  by pavila

I have tested that file and in indexed correclty. Anyway, the default document indexer works fine with english, but not for chinese. To improve the support for chinese, a special indexer should be configured for OpenKM repository.
 #11472  by hkbyte

pavila, can you let me know which indexer should be added for chinese words.
 #11486  by pavila

You should take a look at Jackrabbit & Lucene forums. This is related to default Lucene configuration which works fine for english but need to be cutomized for other languages.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.