• Polish letters with custom properties

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #3826  by blindrood

I created some custom properties and they have (must have) Polish letters but OpenKM shows some other marks instead of it
letters like "ł ź ż ó ń ć ą ę" are replaced by "³, reversd ?, or other similar"
Is there any way to show it correctly?

For instance, Polish letters in menus are displayed correctly

BTW please correct translation of 'Bookmarks' word in top menu. it should be 'Zakładki' not 'Zakłądki' :)

One more:
I can not use letters 'Ż, Ź Ć Ń ' with folder name because of keyboard shortcuts binded to alt+letter
so is there a way to change or disable keyboard shortcuts?
Last edited by blindrood on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #3833  by jllort

property files are encoded in ISO-8859-1 ( I think it's something strange but it as I explain ) and translations OpenKM files are in UTF-8 that's the reason why polish in OpenKM show right and in the metadata - you created - aren't correctly showed.

You need some utility for doing it: native2ascii
1- Make your properties file in UTF-8 format
2- User this utility to convert to ISO-8859-1 ( the properties code )

I think comand must be something like :
Code: Select all
native2ascii -encoding=utf-8 your_file_in_utf-8.txt
 #3838  by blindrood

I can't use ISO-8859-1 because there is no Polish letters.
I can use ISO-8859-2 or UTF only. Is there any posibility to make properties for the next release UTF-8 encoded ?
Or for example make possible for users to define encoding at the begining of .cnd and .properties file

EDIT

ok I found the solution to replace Polish letters with escape sequences.
I found that this is the way to show Polish letters in OpenKM GUI.

So, now is another question. I would like to fix wrong translations in Lang_pl_PL.class
so here's what I do: decompile this file, correct issues and compile again.
Are there any steps I'm obliged to do? for example some special parameters while compiling?

And finally, I want to be sure that OpenKM licence allows to do that kind of changes :)
 #3851  by jllort

It's not possible to encode with UTF-8, but we're thinking to set this information in database and maintaining in administration tab, then it'll be possible and probably in release 5.0 it'll be done. We're preparing to migrate databases to hibernate.

Changing GWT classes (UI) not solves anything, because are compiled by GWT and generates html + js code. You might change java code and then compile GWT module, for it reason your changes has been unsuccessful.

You can make any change in code, licence is GPL V2. Normaly you might provide it changes to us, that's the license agreement and we'll consider if we insert into head code or not. If you want make changes consider first talking with us ( use this web contact form ). If you make some own module that connect with soap to openkm you don't need to give us this code, hope you could understand de difference ?
 #7434  by oktay

Hi,

We're having the similar UTF-8 character problem for Turkish characters like "ı", "ş", "ğ" etc. We're using 5.0 RC1.
probably in release 5.0 it'll be done
is it done? Or should we wait for the stable version?

Thank you..
 #7437  by jllort

I don't know if it's solved the problem or not. In RC1 are included last changes ... continues seeing characters incorrectly ? Make some screen shot to understand what happens and I'll compare with main translation file.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.