• Succes story with JDK 6 (aka 1.6)

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2804  by Horus

I've seen several threads talking about unsuccessful installation with JDK 6.

I've just tried with JDK 6 update 14 (inside an XP Pro +SP3) and managed to make OpenKM 3.0 work. So I'd like to share my "success story" to show that using JDK6 is possible. Well, actually, I haven't done anything fancy. Just install the complete JDK package, and declare the system-wide environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14

Then I run OpenKM and that's it!

I've to mention that while OpenKM is running, I've got quite a lot of warnings, but I didn't see any visible problem to that, and I haven't found any bad side-effect of using JDK6.

Good luck everybody. :)
Last edited by Horus on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #2809  by jllort

We\'re happy you run under java 1.6. Really is must not be any problem running under jdk 1.6.

Althought OpenKM is compiled under java 1.5 and must run without problems with upper java version, we continue recomend running under 1.5. because all our servers are running under this version and we\'re sure there\'s no problem under 1.5

Probably warnings are jboss normal warnings on log.
 #2816  by jllort

You\'re on truth, but we\'ve still using jboss 4.2.X and althought we\'ve been testing jboss 5.X still we\'ve not upgraded to new jboss version. When we\'ll upgrade jboss we\'ll upgrade jdk. We prefer stayin with jdk 1.5 meanwhile using jboss 4.2.X. probably I\'m superticious.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.