• Changing OpenKM's default port

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2724  by Flogeras

Hello,

I have installed OpenKM 3 on a test machine, but now I wish to deploy it on another server. Unfortunately this server already has an application using port 8080. How can I change the port that OpenKM listens on. I tried uncommenting the line in OpenKM.cfg and changing the port as follows:
Code: Select all
application.url=http://localhost:8081/OpenKM/es.git.openkm.frontend.Main/index.jsp
But this seemed to do nothing.

Thanks for any help,

Dave
 #2725  by jllort

Really you want to change application server port not OpenKM.

It\'s a jboss configuration. For do it, find on jboss /server/default/deploy/jboss-web.deployer the file server.xml. Edit server.xml and find 8080 you\'ll find some line like this
Code: Select all
<Connector port=\"8080\" address=\"${jboss.bind.address}\"    
         maxThreads=\"250\" maxHttpHeaderSize=\"8192\"
         emptySessionPath=\"true\" protocol=\"HTTP/1.1\"
         enableLookups=\"false\" redirectPort=\"8443\" acceptCount=\"100\"
         connectionTimeout=\"20000\" disableUploadTimeout=\"true\" />
Simply change 8080 to 8081, if it\'s your case.

Note, you must do it with jboss stoped.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.