• OpenKM start-up problem

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2712  by patman99

Having installed Sun JDK 5.0 with Update 19, when I try to launch OKM I recieve the following message

JAVA_HOME is not set. Unexpected results may occur.
Set JAVA_HOME to the directory of your local JDK to avoid this message.

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: C:\\OpenKM-3.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA

JAVA: java

JAVA_OPTS: -Dprogram.name=run.bat -server -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dsw.rwi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsw.rwi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000

CLASSPATH: C:\\OpenKM-3.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA\\bin\\run.jar

Error: no \'server\' JVM at \'C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre6\\bin\\server\\jvm.dll\'.

I am trying to run this on Windows XP Home Edition.
 #2717  by jllort

That\'s a typical problem. For some reason java jre not includes since subversion .11 the jvm.dll you must download de JDK not JRE and the problem it\'ll be solved.

Look that your path if exist file and folder \'C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre6\\bin\\server\\jvm.dll\'.

Better if you install version 1.5 not java 1.6.

If you\'ve got several java versions on your systems set on your run.bat the correct JAVA_HOME path to be executed running jboss.
 #2784  by godin

Hi all,

i\'ve got the same problem.
I downloaded the following file from sun\'s site, install it and test to work, then uninstall it.

jdk-6u14-windows-i586.exe
jdk-1_5_0_19-windows-i586-p.exe

All fail, Error: no \'server\' JVM at \'C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre6\\bin\\server\\jvm.dll\'.

All green installed java haven\'t got \'server\' directory in bin dir. No \'server\' dir in JDK bin and no\'server\' dir in JRE bin dir.

Can somebody help me what can i do or what java version can i download to install?

Thank You.
godin
 #2787  by godin

Have somebody any useable idea?

Thanks, godin
 #2788  by jllort

Look on your jdk installation for file jvm.dll

if file is not on espected directory simply create directory server/ and copy there jvm.dll on right path

( Althought this solution could run, I think you might investigate on jboss forums, because it\'s a jdk with jboss problem and there\'re you could get more infomration, to solve it better ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.