• install on mac OS

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2687  by maccaj22

Hello,
I\'m very new to openKM and java apps.

Can someone please tell me how to go about installing this onto a mac running os x 10.5
I\'ve tried to following the instructions in the documentation and searching for solutions on the forum but with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
 #2812  by dignan

Hi, I have successfully installed this under Mac OS, and it\'s the same as installing on any OS. Just unzip the package, open Terminal, change to the directory you unzipped it into, and enter \"sudo bin/run.sh\". You can then open Firefox (!! NOT SAFARI !!), and go to localhost:8080/OpenKM. In order to access OpenKM from other computers, you will need to run \"sudo bin/run.sh -b 0.0.0.0\" instead.
 #2890  by dannnyt

Thank you very much for your answer. I have the same question and I know many others have to.

A few open questions remain. Maybe you or someone else can answer them. Please note that I am New to OpenKM and Mac.

This is what I have done so far: I use a new Macbook and have downloaded OpenKM and moved it to the desired location. Then I have opened Terminal.app and dragdropped the run.sh file into the window and executed. The process then starts running and OpenKM works. However, when I restart my system, I need to repeat that process to get openKm to run. My questions are:

1) How do I fix it so that OpenKM remains always available without be having to use Terminal (I have tried the sudo thing , it doen\'t change anything)

2) How come OpenKM does not work with Safari?

Thank you very much for your help!
 #2892  by dignan

OpenKM does not work with Safari because GWT, one of the toolkits used in OpenKM to create the view that you see on your screen, has a bug with Safari.

To make it so OpenKM starts automatically, you need to create a startup script for it. I haven\'t quite figured out the most elegant way of doing this on a Mac yet.
 #2896  by Horus

I haven't done this in Windows platform either, but theoretically, you could create a service to launch the run.bat. I think it's a better idea to redirect the output to a log file, in case something turns bad.

So, as MacOS is actually Unix, you could ask in Linux/Unix forum how to create a service/daemon there.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.