• New to OpenKm

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #2645  by w4rh0und

Hello,

I have just downloaded OpenKm 3.0 and started it on Freebsd 7.2

I started it with -b 0.0.0.0 so i can access it from the network.

I don\'t know if i missed a help or install tip or something, but i cannot login.

I got to http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/ and i try to login with admin/admin

and i get a login error message: Authentication error.

Do i have to define some users somewhere? And if yes where?

Btw it is a clean install, don\'t have older versions or things like that.

Hope it is not a re-post question or something, but i am stuck, i can only look at a pretty login page :(

Thank you

NVM i found the problem and now it is working.
 #2651  by jllort

Login has changed, now is okmAdmin / admin

Sorry for the inconvenience.
 #2761  by komunca

I\'m also geting Authentication error.
I try to log in with okmAdmin / admin .
Are username or password changed again?

Thanks
 #2774  by jllort

Arrived this point the best option is to looking at database.

1- Take a look at openkm-ds.xml ( there\'s the authentication data to connect database poll ).
2- Ensure your openkm is using this pool ( take a look at login-config.xml )
3- Login to hypersonic database ( server/default/data/hypersonic ) - jboss must be stoped - you can use some database client like datastudio, to connect hypersonic use jdbc connection.

If it\'s a clean installation ( user: okmAdmin and password: admin ) might run.

Take a look at jboss log ( server/default/log/server.log) while running to see if something goes wrong at starting up openkm or when you\'re trying to login.
 #2778  by jllort

Do you put the \"A\" of admin upper case ? is okmAdmin not okmadmin. OpenKM is case sensitive.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.