• Installing OpenKM 6.3 on pristine Tomcat - Query on Library & Configuration Files

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #54559  by Wraith

Hi,

I've currently got some time on my hands and am returning to OpenKM. I've revised the "Installing OpenKM 6.3" on pristine Tomcat (https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... omcat.html). I'm at section "Copy libraries and configuration files". I have downloaded and un-zipped "Tomcat-8.5.69.zip" from "https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/common/". When attempting to copy files or directories I have noted the status of the following files or directories within the TOMCAT_HOME/lib folder from the zip file:

Green indicates an file or directory found, orange a query/clarification and red cannot be found.
  • unicode.ttf - Found
  • sigar directory - Not found in lib or anywhere within the ZIP file. Is this located somewhere else? Empty directory to be created?
  • mail-1.5.2.jar - mail-1.6.2.jar found.
  • activemq-all-5.13.2.jar - Not found in lib or anywhere within ZIP file. Is this located somewhere else?
  • The driver, according to your database:
    • For MariaDB double checking that "MariaDB: mariadb-java-client-2.2.5.jar" to be added to the list.
    • MySQL: mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar
    • Oracle: ojdbc6-11.2.0.3.jar
    • PostgreSQL: postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc4.jar
    • SQL Server: sqljdbc4.jar
    • Hypersonic: hsqldb.jar
    • H2: h2-1.4.191.jar
Thanks in advance!
 #54589  by jllort

I think it is right because in the past the tomcat bundle changed and the libraries were updated and some folders currently are not required. The sigar folder was for preview I think in the latest openkm version is not yet required, the same with the ActiveMQ jar file

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.